Slow Query Execution between two Servers

George

Hi,
I am using Application in one Server and MySql DB in another
server(Both are Linux). I am using the InitialContext and Datasource
for connection using java.Here my problem is Slow in Query execution
while calling from the application server. While I deploying the
application and the MySql in the same server it is fast. Here I am
using the LAN IP between two servers. How can I resolve this?

Cheers!

George

Robert Klemme

I am using Application in one Server and MySql DB in another
server(Both are Linux). I am using the InitialContext and Datasource
for connection using java.Here my problem is Slow in Query execution
while calling from the application server. While I deploying the
application and the MySql in the same server it is fast. Here I am
using the LAN IP between two servers. How can I resolve this?

If you suspect it's the network then you could do a network trace and
look at the timing. Or use other network analysis tools.

You might also want to have a look at network buffer size settings.
IIRC defaults in Linux are fairly low and if you transfer large query
results buffer sizes can have an impact.

Kind regards

robert

Roedy Green

If you suspect it's the network then you could do a network trace and
look at the timing.

You might try a free program called TCPOptimizer to suggest the best
settings to tweak your TCP/IP. http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com