Small C++ exercise

Jonathan Turkanis

nospam said:
Hi everyone !

I'm not a programmer and I'm looking for someone who could create
the following small executable for me (Windows XP).

What's your budget for this project?

Jonathan

Guest

Hi everyone !

I'm not a programmer and I'm looking for someone who could create
the following small executable for me (Windows XP).

INPUT :

- "Where is the file?" (I click in a Windows dialog box to find the
input file "fileexample.txt")

- "How many parts must I create?" (I choose a digit from 2 to 9 - let
us say 3 as an example)

Then, the executable reads the text input file "fileexample.txt" which
have the following format :

*************** LINE 1 ************************
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

.... and cuts it in 3 (in my example) equal number of lines
(if possible) as well as keeping the first line of the input file in
the output files.

OUPUT :

"fileexample p1.txt"

*************** LINE 1 ************************
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

"fileexample p2.txt"

*************** LINE 1 ************************
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

"fileexample p3.txt"

*************** LINE 1 ************************
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Each text file line ends with a carriage return + line feed.

Ideally, the last directory used would be saved.
All the output files will go into this directory.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate !

Regards,

Christian email : (e-mail address removed)
(remove the "XXX" part from email, I do that to fight the spam).

Peter Gordon

Hi everyone !

I'm not a programmer and I'm looking for someone who could create
the following small executable for me (Windows XP).

Ask in alt.comp.freeware, somebody has probably done this
already.

shabbir

I can do this for you but what language do you want the exe to be in. I
mean do you need Win interface or command prompt DOS will do.

Thanks
Shabbir Bhimani

Guest

Thank you Shabir, I appreciate your help but someone kind
has already written this piece of code for me.

Regards,

Christian