small caps

Bergamot

Ben said:
76% use MS Internet Explorer. I know for a fact that this
particular browser as a safeguard asks if it is ok to run javascript.

Only if you set the security preferences to do so.

Toby A Inkster

Ben said:
Hi Toby, I just had a look at my website statistics, 93% are windows
users, 76% use MS Internet Explorer. I know for a fact that this
particular browser as a safeguard asks if it is ok to run javascript.

Not by default though -- it's an option buried away somewhere.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Geek of ~ HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

* = I'm getting there!

Richard Formby

Ben Gun said:
I can't set security preferences on THEIR browsers.

Ben, are you sure of your demographics?

True, IE can be configured to *ask* if it is OK to run javascript (or
Jscript). However out of the box this is set off.

Consider one of the most pouplar web pages on the internet:
http://google.com

This page uses Javascript. Do you really think all of those 76% of your
users that view the google page with IE answer the question every time? I
don't :) They either have the setting off of have it set to ignore
javascript (the 10%?) in which case your page should gracefully degrade.

Ben Gun

Ben, are you sure of your demographics?

True, IE can be configured to *ask* if it is OK to run javascript (or
Jscript). However out of the box this is set off.

Consider one of the most pouplar web pages on the internet:
http://google.com

This page uses Javascript. Do you really think all of those 76% of your
users that view the google page with IE answer the question every time? I
don't :) They either have the setting off of have it set to ignore
javascript (the 10%?) in which case your page should gracefully degrade.
Hi Richard,
you are right, I was quickly testing the code at work, loading the
file into IE WITHOUT webserver. Turns out IE treats files differently
then:

http://dhtmldev.com/content/view/96/30/

Nice solution though (Adding a Comment URL
). Learn something every day.

Thanks, Ben