small code segment causes page not to work with IE

KBuser

I have an asp site which uses frames. I have a default.htm which holds
two frames, menu.aspx and results.aspx (which is merely a spaceholder
as menu redirects to it). Now on my menu page i have

<BASE href="" target="Results">
</BASE>

Results is the name of the bottom frame. The page works fine in
Firefox, but when I try to use it in internet explorer the browser
simply sits there as if it isn't expected to do anything. When i remove
those two lines, IE works as intended. Does anyone know why this
happens or of a work around/fix?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle