small dooubt on recordset

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Raj, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. Raj

    Raj Guest

    Store recordsets as array using function GetRows of recordset object.

    This will be pretty faster.

    HTH

    Raj.

    G, Apr 4, 2007

  3. G wrote:
    > Hello Friend,
    >
    > I have a doubt.
    > I am connecting to mysql db and there is only one table and i am
    > retrieving the data like city, state, county, etc.. from db to
    > comboboxes. so i am using one recordset for each retrivel and showing
    > into combobox. it is going slowly.
    >
    > SO what happens if i use multiple recordsets in single ASP page?
    >
    > So I think we can use only one recordset for all the data retrievel
    > from the db?

    I would use a single disconnected recordset, using the Filter property
    to get each subset of data.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 4, 2007