Small footprint XP app

Francisco Garcia

Hi,

I'm developing a small WinForms application, targeted for Win XP. I thought
that Win XP had the .NET framework already installed, but it looks like it
doesn't.

Is there a way to make a .NET application run in Windows XP without having
to download the 23MB dotnetfx?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco Garcia

Shannon Broskie

I think I'm correct in saying that some OEMs are shipping the .NET framework
1.1 along with SP1 for XP and their computers.

Joerg Bonsack

Hello,

there is definitiv no way to run applications w/o an installed .NET Runtime.

Joerg

Shannon Broskie

You are correct. The original poster was wondering about XP and the
framework being pre-installed. My reply was just to present information
that some OEMs are starting to pre-install the framework before shipping out
their newly sold PCs.