Small graphics library?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Quintus, Sep 30, 2010.

  1. Quintus

    Quintus Guest

    Quintus, Sep 30, 2010

  2. Quintus

    Roger Pack Guest

    > Does somebody know about a rather small graphics library for Ruby?
    > RMagick is way to big and complicated to install for my purposes (just
    > rectangular picture cutting and pasting in PNG images) and additionally
    > it is complicated to install for Ruby 1.9 on Windows which is a
    > must-have criterium as the application will be distributed not only on
    > Linux systems, but also on Windows ones (by means of using OCRA).

    The only thing I can think of would be to 'wrap' java's built in
    graphics2d class.

    Some other useful things that come to mind:
    http://ruby-toolbox.com/categories/graphing.html
    http://github.com/tarcieri/SmartImage

    Roger Pack, Sep 30, 2010

  3. Joel VanderWerf, Oct 1, 2010