small layer info on mouse over links : object or iframe ?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Manny, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Manny

    Manny Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to display a small html file in a layer (div) when the
    mouse goes over a link (<a href="small.html"
    onMouseOver="showPop(small.html)").

    Which tag should I use in the layer :

    OR

    Or maybe is there another solution ?
    --of course the file small.html will be different for each link on the
    page, that's the job of the showPop() function--
    I want my site to be visible by as most browsers/platform as possible.
    If you have any link explaining how to build this, it would be helpfull.

    TIA
    Manny, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Manny

    Guest

    , Jun 25, 2005

  3. Manny

    Art X Guest

    Manny wrote:

    Hi,
    I would like to display a small html file in a layer (div) when the
    mouse goes over a link (<a href="small.html"
    onMouseOver="showPop(small.html)").
    Which tag should I use in the layer :
    OR
    Or maybe is there another solution ?
    --of course the file small.html will be different for each link on the
    page, that's the job of the showPop() function-- I want my site to be
    visible by as most browsers/platform as possible. If you have any link
    explaining how to build this, it would be helpfull.
    TIA

    Hi Manny,

    Because the html files are small maybe you could simply put the content
    of the body of them in separate hidden divisions with positioning and
    make them visible when the event occurs. When the page loads the content
    will already be drawn and there will be no delay waiting for the html
    page to load in the iframe.

    I have nothing against iframes, just a thought.

    Later, Art.
    Art X, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Manny

    Manny Guest

    "Art X" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi Manny,
    >
    > Because the html files are small maybe you could simply put the

    content
    > of the body of them in separate hidden divisions with positioning and
    > make them visible when the event occurs. When the page loads the

    content
    > will already be drawn and there will be no delay waiting for the html
    > page to load in the iframe.
    >
    > I have nothing against iframes, just a thought.
    >
    > Later, Art.

    The trouble is that these files are numerous (more than 1000) and used
    at several different places in the website. In addition, there is a need
    to upgrade these files from time to time. There would be a risk to
    forget some updates if the text was included in divisions inside several
    main pages.
    That was my reasons to includes these files in iframes or object.
    Manny, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Manny

    Manny Guest

    That's allmost what I wanted to do, except that I need to display in the
    tooltip the content of a html file. (see why in my answer to Art X).

    Manny, Jun 26, 2005