    A, well you also need to get B, C and D, but B also needs E and F, ...

    Thanks!
    , Mar 6, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Ok.
    > I've looked at expat, libxml, ...
    > Too much baggage!
    >
    > I would like to find a small XML walker/"parser"/reader that simply

    <snip off topic rant>

    Your question is off-topic here (in c.l.c).

    If it wasn't: GYIF.

    --
    BR, Vladimir

    You can fool some of the people all of the time,
    and all of the people some of the time,
    but you can make a fool of yourself anytime.
    Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 6, 2006

  3. On 6 Mar 2006 10:29:19 -0800, wrote:
    >I would like to find a small XML walker/"parser"/reader that simply
    >gives me callbacks (C++ or C). No validation needed or wanted.

    Don't know what you mean exactly (SAX-like or DOM-like?) but maybe
    TinyXml ( http://www.grinninglizard.com/tinyxml/ ) is the right thing
    for you.

    Best wishes,
    Roland Pibinger
    Roland Pibinger, Mar 6, 2006
  4. Ben Pope Guest

    wrote:
    > Ok.
    > I've looked at expat, libxml, ...
    > Too much baggage!
    >
    > I would like to find a small XML walker/"parser"/reader that simply
    > gives me callbacks (C++ or C). No validation needed or wanted.
    > I would prefer some open sourced, portable thing (Linux, OS/X, Windows,
    > POSIX), with at most a couple of files and with no external
    > dependencies. Anything beyond that, and I'm going to write my own.
    > I'm trying to make a small tool with as few external dependencies as
    > possible.

    I've started using XiMoL, it's not event based, it's based around
    streams. I've created a patch which makes it compile with VC8 (a bug in
    VC8).

    Ben Pope
    Ben Pope, Mar 6, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Ok.
    > I've looked at expat, libxml, ...
    > Too much baggage!

    Mini-XML:

    http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml/

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products mike at easysw dot com
    Internet Printing and Publishing Software http://www.easysw.com
    Michael Sweet, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Imre Palik Guest

    writes:

    > Ok.
    > I've looked at expat, libxml, ...
    > Too much baggage!
    >
    > I would like to find a small XML walker/"parser"/reader that simply
    > gives me callbacks (C++ or C). No validation needed or wanted.
    > I would prefer some open sourced, portable thing (Linux, OS/X, Windows,
    > POSIX), with at most a couple of files and with no external
    > dependencies. Anything beyond that, and I'm going to write my own.
    > I'm trying to make a small tool with as few external dependencies as
    > possible.

    Here is a basic one:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/yaxp

    It needs some POSIX libs, so I am not sure about its portability to
    windows. I successfuly used it on Solaris (with Forte 6.2 and gcc), and on
    Linux. If you need something that it doesn't know, then please let me know
    about it.

    ImRe
    Imre Palik, Mar 7, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > Ok.
    > I've looked at expat, libxml, ...
    > Too much baggage!
    >
    > I would like to find a small XML walker/"parser"/reader that simply
    > gives me callbacks (C++ or C). No validation needed or wanted.
    > I would prefer some open sourced, portable thing (Linux, OS/X, Windows,
    > POSIX), with at most a couple of files and with no external
    > dependencies.

    What external dependencies are the problem with Expat?

    Karl
    Karl Waclawek, Mar 7, 2006