Small Problem P 2.4 (line>2048 Bytes)

Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t

Hi, all !

I have un python script of 75 kB, who make a COM server. It's run OK with
Python 2.3 + PyWin + P.I.L.

But, with Python 2.4, I obtain a windows error (sorry, it's in french) :

python.exe a rencontrée un problème, et doit fermer.

erreur sur module: ntdll.dll

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005
Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x000000000000000
Address: 0x0000000077f773905

I had try on three computers differents (XP SP1 and/or SP2) : it's same.

After search, I had found that the problem come from a "long line" (more
than 2048 caracters), with begin :
mappingcharmaj = { chr(97):'A', chr(98):'B', chr(99):'C', ...

And, if I "break" in multiples lines, the problem is solved.

(I keep the script, to be able to repeat the error, upon request)

Therefore, I have a sufficient solution. But I want just to announce this
problem, which could have consequences, for other users.

*sorry for my bad english*

@-salutations

Steve Holden

Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non triviale en fuite
perpétuelle. said:
[...]

Michael:

You should probably log this as a bug in the sourceforge tracker - it's
good to see that shortening the lines fixed the bug for you, but it
would be even better if the problem were removed.

Your English, by the way, is perfectly comprehensible, so there is no
need to apologise.

regards
Steve

Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t

Hi !

You are a very good soothsayer (*) !

With # -*- coding: cp-1252 -*- it's bugging
With # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- it's OK !

(*) soothsayer is the masculine of pythoniss (good english term ?)