small problem with ASP 1.1 version problem in IIS6

Guest

hi all

on our IIS6 we tried to update the asp version of a particular website from
1.1 to 2.0. Leaving other sites on the same server as ASP version 1.1

But when we go to the client and check our other sites from the same server,
it's not able to do so or saying that famous msg, "Page cannot be displayed"

any ideas or thoughts?

cant net1.1 and net2.0 just get along and co-exist on same server?

thanks fellas!

Michael Nemtsev

Hello ChiWhiteSox,

C> on our IIS6 we tried to update the asp version of a particular
C> website from 1.1 to 2.0. Leaving other sites on the same server as
C> ASP version 1.1

How did u do this?

C> But when we go to the client and check our other sites from the same
C> server, it's not able to do so or saying that famous msg, "Page
C> cannot be displayed"
C> any ideas or thoughts?

You need to check that the right ASP.net version in set at virtual folder
properties tab
Besides, check that ASP.net 2.0 is allowed at IIS WSE

C> cant net1.1 and net2.0 just get along and co-exist on same server?

they can.

C> thanks fellas!

welcome

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangel

sloan

They (the frameworks) can co exists, but you gotta tell each app which
framework version to use.

IIS, MyApplication (virtual directory) // , properties. and a tab at the
end called Asp.Net.

George Ter-Saakov

You must change the Application Pool.
NET 1.1 and 2.0 can not coexist on the same pool in IIS.
Goto IIS Management console and you will see what pool I am talking about.
You can refer to the screenshots here
http://www.asp.net/faq/aspnetandiis6.aspx (somewere on a bottom).

George.

Guest

hi, first of all, thanks so much for the quick reply.

I changed ver1.1 to 2.0 as follows:

on the ASP.NET folder from the Website properties in IIS, changed the
dropdown box of the ASP.NET from 1.1 to 2.0

we are using small biz server

also checked asp2.0 is already ALLOWED at WSE

THANKS!

Michael Nemtsev

Hello ChiWhiteSox,

I hope it's working now well right now?

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

C> hi, first of all, thanks so much for the quick reply.
C>
C> I changed ver1.1 to 2.0 as follows:
C>
C> on the ASP.NET folder from the Website properties in IIS, changed the
C> dropdown box of the ASP.NET from 1.1 to 2.0
C>
C> we are using small biz server
C>
C> also checked asp2.0 is already ALLOWED at WSE
C>
C> THANKS!
C>
C> "Michael Nemtsev" wrote:

Hello ChiWhiteSox,

C> on our IIS6 we tried to update the asp version of a particular
C> website from 1.1 to 2.0. Leaving other sites on the same server
as
C> ASP version 1.1
How did u do this?

C> But when we go to the client and check our other sites from the
same
C> server, it's not able to do so or saying that famous msg, "Page
C> cannot be displayed"
C> any ideas or thoughts?
You need to check that the right ASP.net version in set at virtual
folder
properties tab
Besides, check that ASP.net 2.0 is allowed at IIS WSE
C> cant net1.1 and net2.0 just get along and co-exist on same server?

they can.

C> thanks fellas!

welcome

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c)
Michelangelo