    any ideas or thoughts?

    cant net1.1 and net2.0 just get along and co-exist on same server?

    thanks fellas!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpV2hpdGVTb3g=?=, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Hello ChiWhiteSox,

    C> on our IIS6 we tried to update the asp version of a particular
    C> website from 1.1 to 2.0. Leaving other sites on the same server as
    C> ASP version 1.1

    How did u do this?

    C> But when we go to the client and check our other sites from the same
    C> server, it's not able to do so or saying that famous msg, "Page
    C> cannot be displayed"
    C> any ideas or thoughts?

    You need to check that the right ASP.net version in set at virtual folder
    properties tab
    Besides, check that ASP.net 2.0 is allowed at IIS WSE

    C> cant net1.1 and net2.0 just get along and co-exist on same server?

    they can.

    C> thanks fellas!

    welcome

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangel

    Michael Nemtsev, Apr 2, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpV2hpdGVTb3g=?=

    sloan Guest

    They (the frameworks) can co exists, but you gotta tell each app which
    framework version to use.

    IIS, MyApplication (virtual directory) // , properties. and a tab at the
    end called Asp.Net.

    sloan, Apr 2, 2007
  4. You must change the Application Pool.
    NET 1.1 and 2.0 can not coexist on the same pool in IIS.
    Goto IIS Management console and you will see what pool I am talking about.
    You can refer to the screenshots here
    http://www.asp.net/faq/aspnetandiis6.aspx (somewere on a bottom).

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 2, 2007
  5. hi, first of all, thanks so much for the quick reply.

    I changed ver1.1 to 2.0 as follows:

    on the ASP.NET folder from the Website properties in IIS, changed the
    dropdown box of the ASP.NET from 1.1 to 2.0

    we are using small biz server

    also checked asp2.0 is already ALLOWED at WSE

    THANKS!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpV2hpdGVTb3g=?=, Apr 2, 2007
  6. Hello ChiWhiteSox,

    I hope it's working now well right now?

    ---

    Michael Nemtsev, Apr 2, 2007
  7. Thanks so much George!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpV2hpdGVTb3g=?=, Apr 2, 2007