Small project request, will pay.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by G, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. G

    G Guest

    Hello,

    Wondering if someone will assist in the implementation of a URL Rewrite
    function for my IIS6 Windows 2003 Web Server?

    I have three or four sites, and each will have dynamic content, ie:
    www.site.com/index.asp?product=ipod&category=electronics
    www.site.com/index.asp?product=Sharktale&category=DVDs

    I would like the above functionality, but search spiders / visitors should
    see:
    www.site.com/electronics/ipod
    www.site.com/DVDs/Sharktale

    etc etc

    I know on Apache, it uses mod_rewrite, however I have no experience of it.
    I have tried three or four trial / free IIS versions this morning, but could
    not get them to work - to be honest, I wasnt really comfotable with the
    installation etc and probably made a mess of it. I have uninstalled each
    free version after it failed to work.

    If someone is willing to have a go and get it working, I will gladly pay £50
    or so - those in the know could surely do this in a few minutes? I m happy
    for the implementation to be system wide, so ALL dynamic sites appear as
    static URL's.

    Regards,

    Gary.

    G, Apr 27, 2005