<small> tags in html5

Jukka K. Korpela

I am thinking that I might be careful not to put anything in <small>
that I want google to pick up and give weight to. The implication being
that <small> is detail you may not want to even read.

That's interesting speculation, on the basis of the classic HTML
definition for <small>, and possibly also for the proposed HTML5 excuse
for a surrogate for a quasi-definition. But I have not seen anything
resembling factual evidence (e.g., a statement from Google, or a report
of an experiment) about it. Have you?

Tim W

That's interesting speculation, on the basis of the classic HTML
definition for <small>, and possibly also for the proposed HTML5 excuse
for a surrogate for a quasi-definition. But I have not seen anything
resembling factual evidence (e.g., a statement from Google, or a report
of an experiment) about it. Have you?

No, I have not. Just speculating and thinking I might bear it in mind.

Tim W