Smalles Possible Browser to display python cgi program

matthiasjanes

Dear everyone,

I would like to know what would be the smalles possible WebBrowser for
displaying Python CGI application.

I developed a few small application with an WebInterface.

The appplication runs just locally.

I use CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
Firebird as Browser.

Does anyone know of a very small browser which I can directly
integrate.

Just the very minimum for this purbose, no bookmarks, no tools, no
javascript, no flash ......

just displaying frames, html, forms, python cgi files and images.

Regards,

Matthias Janes

Lutz Horn

* Cornel Ghiban said:

Erm, didn't the OP ask about a browser, not a server? ;)

Anyway, take a look into the GNU Free Software Directory, category "Web
browsers"[0] or dmoz[1]. A very small browser is links[2], which has
both a text and a graphics mode.

Lutz

[0] http://www.gnu.org/directory/network/browsers/
[1] http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Internet/Clients/WWW/Browsers/
[2] http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/index.html

Graham Fawcett

Dear everyone,

I would like to know what would be the smalles possible WebBrowser for
displaying Python CGI application.

I developed a few small application with an WebInterface.

The appplication runs just locally.

I use CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
Firebird as Browser.

Does anyone know of a very small browser which I can directly
integrate.

Just the very minimum for this purbose, no bookmarks, no tools, no
javascript, no flash ......

just displaying frames, html, forms, python cgi files and images.

Consider using the wxHTML widget in the wxPython GUI library. There's
a nice writeup on it at IBM DeveloperWorks:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-wxpython/?open&l=810,t=gr

-- Graham

JanC

(e-mail address removed) (matthiasjanes) schreef:
I would like to know what would be the smalles possible WebBrowser for
displaying Python CGI application.

I developed a few small application with an WebInterface.

The appplication runs just locally.

I use CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
Firebird as Browser.

Does anyone know of a very small browser which I can directly
integrate.

Just the very minimum for this purbose, no bookmarks, no tools, no
javascript, no flash ......

just displaying frames, html, forms, python cgi files and images.

For Windows there is OffByOne: <http://www.offbyone.com/>
Only 450 KiB if you don't need SSL support.

matthiasjanes

JanC said:
(e-mail address removed) (matthiasjanes) schreef:

For Windows there is OffByOne: <http://www.offbyone.com/>
Only 450 KiB if you don't need SSL support.

Thanks so far to everyone - I forgot to mention that surly I need it
crossplatform at least Ms-Windows and Linux compatible.

maybe some more explanations: My application is an python database
(pysqlite) financial report software, I use the at the moment just
python cgi scripts to access and display all. (no javascript at all)
I use the CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
Firebird as Browser. I would like to intigrate with the app also the
Webbrowser - as small as possibly. I use frames.

I might give wxHTML a try or maybe find a downgraded Firebird Browser.

Thanks so far and if anyone has still some more ideas - happily
welcomed.

Matthias Janes

Fedor

I use CGIHTTPServer.py Module as a small webserver and Mozilla
Firebird as Browser.

Does anyone know of a very small browser which I can directly
integrate.

Not what you asked, but the module webbrowser uses whatever browser is
available.

for example:

import webbrowser
webbrowser.open('http://localhost')