Smart Client Assembly.. what is too big or too small ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Martin, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hi,

    I have recently been playing with smart clients that are downloaded to a
    users browser.

    I would like to ask is what people think is the optimute size for an
    assembly.

    for example if I have an application that contains 3 forms then should I
    hold all of these 3 forms in a single app / assembly or make individual
    assemblies for each form (which will give me a total of 3 assemblies).

    my theory being that a large assembly will take more time to download then 3
    smaller ones, and the user may one use two of the three forms, so whats the
    point of downloading them all.

    if anybody can point me in the dirrection of any good articles on this
    subject then I would appreciate it.

    cheers

    martin.
    Martin, Aug 4, 2004