Smart Client form Permissons Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jay Stacy, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Jay Stacy

    Jay Stacy Guest

    Out of 7 users, 3 don't work. One of them did things in
    the right order so now I'm not so sure what is the common
    denominator. Here is the error message:

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot generate SSPI
    context.

    The database grants select access for public. I turned
    off anonymous access for the site and require Windows
    Integrated Security.

    permissions.
    >I created an installer program that configures the

    user's
    >PC to grant full permissions to any code coming from my
    >intranet server. Those that ran the install program

    first
    >and then clicked on the smart client link work fine. But
    >those that ran the permissions installer program second,
    >don't work. I tried deleting the download cache, changed
    >the program to force a download again, rebooted,

    manually
    >created permissions using the dotnet configuration
    >administrative tool, and probably a bunch of other

    things

    Jay Stacy, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Jay Stacy

    MSFT Guest

    I suspect this may not be a "pure" .NET problem. You may first create a
    common app (not smart client) running on the client computer to see if it
    can build the SQL connection. If this also failed, you can refer to
    following article to perform trouble shoot:

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot the "Cannot Generate SSPI Context" Error Message
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q811889

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    MSFT, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Jay Stacy

    Jay Stacy Guest

    You are right. It had nothing to do with .NET. The
    suggested article was very helpfull. Thank you.

    and confers no

    Jay Stacy, Oct 7, 2003