Smart Client Install/Uninstall broken - Not able to Uninstall

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rahul, Apr 24, 2008.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    I installed one smart client application. Then I upgraded the application
    with newly published version and after that I tried to uninstall the
    installed version from the add\remove program. I got following error

    ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later
    in the log.
    * Error occurred during uninstall of the application. Following failure
    messages were detected:
    + Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.
    + The directory is not empty.

    * Exception occurred during uninstall of application Outpost.application,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1a460fa81d1d2f1e,
    processorArchitecture=msil. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.
    + The directory is not empty.

    COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

    WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

    ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [4/24/2008 4:18:52 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException
    (InvalidShortcut)
    - Shortcuts could not be removed. Try again later.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at
    System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveShortcuts(ShellExposureInformation
    shellExposureInformation)
    at
    System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState
    subState)
    at
    System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.UninstallSubscription(SubscriptionState
    subState)
    at
    System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentServiceCom.MaintainSubscriptionInternal(String
    textualSubId)
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath,
    Boolean recursive)
    at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean
[...]

    Do we need to take care of anything at the application level.Or If this is a
    known issue then has Microsoft given any solution for this?

    Thanks
    Rahul, Apr 24, 2008