Smart Client that can handle postdata

Ekart Laszlo

Hi, there

We have currently a Java Applet based solution that we would like to
rewrite to a .NET solution.

The scenario is the following:
1. Starter Client application opens up a web browser window and
makes a HTTP request with a big raw postdata to a remote server.
2. In this web browser window a Java Applet based application shall
start and he will retrieve the posted data and he will work with it.

Now I want something similar but IIS is throwing back my request if I
am posting data too. I would like that when I do my web request for my
smart client with postdata than IIS would not stop the request and my
application would be able to load the data form the standard input.
I was thinking also to an ASP preload page that would start the smart
client.
ASP solution is not sufficient because we need a "rich" client.
However there might be possible to build with custom controls a "rich"
ASP page.

Here is more concretely what I was able to achieve:
1. Make the request from a standalone program with
System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate(anUrl, "", aPostData, "");
where my anUrl is the published smart client. Something like this:
"http://localhost/SmartClient/ SmartClient.application".
In this case IIS stops the request due to the posted data and displays
a:
"The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page
address is incorrect."

If a aPostData is null than the Smart Client is started, but then the
data is not posted.
Here the question is how should I configure or achieve that IIS
transfers the postdata.

2. Make the request from a standalone program with
System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate(anUrl, "", aPostData, "");
where my anUrl is a an asp page a supposed preloader. I can receive
the data, but I can not redirect the call to the smart client in such
way that the postdata is transferred too.
I can redirect the to the smart client but I can not transfer the data
too.

How should I proceed to find a way or there is a sample application
somewhere?

That is all, best regards
Ekart Laszlo