Smart Clients Error

André Almeida Maldonado

Huy Guys.. In my aspx page I have a smart client that is called from a
hyperlink:

asp:HyperLink id="HyperLink1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 12px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 16px" runat="server"
NavigateUrl="SmartClients/obj/Debug/SmartClients.exe">HyperLink

But when I click on the hyperlink, after some time I receive this error
message:

CGI Timeout
The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The
server has deleted the process.

Can you help me???

Thank's

Natty Gur

Hi,

your description is pretty vogue so it hard to help you. Anyway try to
follow that link :
<a
href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/07/NetSmartClients"></
a>

is your virtual directory execute permission set to script and
executables. If so the server tries to run smart client exe instead of
returning it as byte stream. Change your virtual directory execute
permission to Script only.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377