Smart Phones

jeff

/*

What is the current "wisdom" for dealing with smart phones?
Particularly iPhones.

The current design is fairly typical, header, top navigation, content
(floated right), left side nav (floated left).

I would think that I could take away any widths and floats and shrink
down the header image. Not sure where to put the navigation.

What about sniffing the UA? Or just a link to a directory?

*/

jeff

/*

What is the current "wisdom" for dealing with smart phones? Particularly
iPhones.

The current design is fairly typical, header, top navigation, content
(floated right), left side nav (floated left).

I would think that I could take away any widths and floats and shrink
down the header image. Not sure where to put the navigation.

It's like 1995, but with CSS:

http://www.aarons.org/phone_test.htm
What about sniffing the UA? Or just a link to a directory?

I think the phone version should be in a sub domain so that link paths
will be the same as the regular site. Write the normal site as usual and
write the phone site using the phone template to the subdomain.

Just have the UA redirect on the root index page, with links to the
other site, somewhere noticeable.*