    down the header image. Not sure where to put the navigation.

    What about sniffing the UA? Or just a link to a directory?

    */

    jeff, May 13, 2011

  2. jeff

    jeff Guest

    On 5/13/2011 7:29 AM, jeff wrote:
    > /*
    >
    > What is the current "wisdom" for dealing with smart phones? Particularly
    > iPhones.
    >
    > The current design is fairly typical, header, top navigation, content
    > (floated right), left side nav (floated left).
    >
    > I would think that I could take away any widths and floats and shrink
    > down the header image. Not sure where to put the navigation.

    It's like 1995, but with CSS:

    http://www.aarons.org/phone_test.htm

    > What about sniffing the UA? Or just a link to a directory?

    I think the phone version should be in a sub domain so that link paths
    will be the same as the regular site. Write the normal site as usual and
    write the phone site using the phone template to the subdomain.

    Just have the UA redirect on the root index page, with links to the
    other site, somewhere noticeable.

    *

    jeff, May 17, 2011

  3. On Mon, 16 May 2011 23:16:22 -0400, jeff wrote:
    > On 5/13/2011 7:29 AM, jeff wrote:
    >>
    >> What is the current "wisdom" for dealing with smart phones? Particularly
    >> iPhones.
    >>
    >> The current design is fairly typical, header, top navigation, content
    >> (floated right), left side nav (floated left).
    >>
    >> I would think that I could take away any widths and floats and shrink
    >> down the header image. Not sure where to put the navigation.

    > It's like 1995, but with CSS:
    >
    > http://www.aarons.org/phone_test.htm

    Yep. A *lot* like 1995:

    Website Under New Construction... Coming very soon!

    Call Stephen Aarons at (505 984-1100 •

    Allodoxaphobia, May 18, 2011