SmartClient Deployment ? for the gurrus :)

Deasun

Ok on my work Pc I have a test page with links to a number of smartclient
exe's.
With some security mods the rest of the PCs in work can load page and launch
the apps no problems. Works real nice infact. Bosses love it.
Heres my problem, we have a VPN setup for a number of people, VIPs, When
they use this to log into the network from their home PCs my test page loads
in their IE. When they click on the links it says it is downloading but after
the progress bar finishes no app appears.

We disabled all their popup blockers, most are on WinXP H/Pro, with alll the
latest patches.
I myself have tried from my home PC. I have WinXP Pro, latest patches, and
the VS.net on it.
Same thing happens except I get a VS dialog that wants to run the debugger.
It says a security exception has occurred.

I have added the URL to the list of thrusted sites with fulltrust. no help.
I also when thru Windows explorer to my Work PCs folder which has the exe's
and clicked on them and get the same message.

If I copy the apps folder to the client PC and then click on the EXE there
the app works no problem.

No heres the strange bit. I have a test app on my home site,
www.tirnaog.com, called GalleryKeeper. Once the ASP.net security setting is
setup this app runs fine on my PC and the ones here at work.
But when logged into the VPN this link would do the download part but never
run the app.
Log off the VPN and the link and app worked fine.

So at this point everything is pointing at the VPN software, cisco VPN, Do
ye know of any way around this ?