SmartNav breaks SetFocus client side script

Guest

Hello,
Don't know if this is the right group for this, but I will start here.
I have a setfocus JS that sets the focus to whatever control I want on the
page on a postback. However if I have smartnav enabled it no longer works. I
know that smartnav.js gets the control that caused the postback then sets the
focus back to it. Does anyone know how to override this in the smartnav.js
file?

Thanks in advance,

Robin

jasonkester

Yeah. Quit using SmartNav. It has never worked right for anybody.

A quick bit of advice that will save you much headache in life: Never
use any feature of any development platform that is prefixed with the
word "Smart", or "Magic". They will invariably be trying to abstract
out some behavior that is not that hard to deal with anyway, and will
make any number of incorrect assumptions about your application that
will result in strange behaviour cropping up that could possibly be
described as "Magic", but certainly would never be labeled "Smart".

Good luck!

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/