smartnavigation and target=_self make MSIE 6 crash

Koen

We enabled smartnavigation on our pages to reduce flickering on browsers
that recognise it. However MSIE 6 crashes after a few pages that have a
<base target=_self> tag in it.

I am using MSIE 6.0.2800.1106
We can reproduce the problem under win XP and W2K

We investigated other problems related to smartnavigation (in particular
style sheet loss etc). It seems best not to use smartnavigation

Koen.

John Saunders

Koen said:
We enabled smartnavigation on our pages to reduce flickering on browsers
that recognise it. However MSIE 6 crashes after a few pages that have a
<base target=_self> tag in it.

I am using MSIE 6.0.2800.1106
We can reproduce the problem under win XP and W2K

We investigated other problems related to smartnavigation (in particular
style sheet loss etc). It seems best not to use smartnavigation

There are other known bugs in using SmartNavigation and ASP.NET. You'd be
better off without it.

Scott G.

I agree, it's best not to use it; there are some public Javascript alternatives that do much the same without the problems (plus they have support for browsers other than IE). Do a google.

Scott