SmartNavigation Datagrid problem in Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Inigo Jimenez, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. I have an ASP .net web application installed in a Windows 2003 server.

    This web application has a webform that has a Datagrid.

    This Datagrid is filled with the data of a SQL table.

    I have a button that inserts a new row in the SQL table and then
    refresh the datagrid.

    In windows XP clients this webpage works fine but only in windows 2000
    clients doesn't work.

    The updates of the database are done but the datagrid doesn't refresh
    the data when I insert new rows.

    I have rebuilt the web application in the server and it doest'n work.

    Before this my ASP net web application was in a Windows 2000 server and the
    datagrid
    was refreshing in Windows 2000 clients and in Windows XP clients.

    What's wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

    (P.D. The webpage has the smartnavigation property enabled and all the asp
    net web pages
    are called from a window modal dialog.)
    Inigo Jimenez, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Inigo Jimenez

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Have you tried turning smart navigation off?

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Yes, I've tried turning smart navigation off but it doesn't work. Somebody
    says me that this problem could be because the smart navigation.

    Inigo Jimenez, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Yes, I've tried turning smart navigation off but it doesn't work. Somebody
    said me that this problem could be because the smart navigation.

    Inigo Jimenez, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Yes, I've tried turning smart navigation off but it doesn't work. Somebody

    Inigo Jimenez, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Inigo Jimenez

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    > > net web pages
    > > are called from a window modal dialog.)

    I don't understand this part. Would you care to explain?
    Just to be sure here, after writing to the database you requery the
    datasource and bind to the datagrid?

    Can you post just that part of the code

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Sorry but I haven't here the code. The code is at work. I'll send it on
    Monday.

    Thanks for your answers...

    Inigo Jimenez, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Well I've copied some code lines so you can help me.

    I've captured some windows for explain more detailly the problem.

    The images are in the folder Webform at:
    http://es.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/inigo_jimenez

    The problem:

    - From an ASP page I open a modal dialog (figure_A.JPG)

    - If I click one of the buttons (the ! button) another window open so
    I can choose one of the options (figure_B.JPG)

    - When I've chosen one item, this window is closed and the datatable
    is updated with a new row. The datagrid refresh automatically
    (figure_C.JPG)

    - I can insert a new row directly from the textbox that is down the
    datagrid (figure_D.JPG)

    - If I click on the button that is on the right of the textbox, the
    datatable is updated with a new row and the datagrid is refreshed.
    (figure_E.JPG).

    Well, if this webpage is on a Windows 2000 server works fine but if
    the same webpage is on a Windows 2003 server in Windows 2000 client
    doesn't work but in Windows XP works fine. The problem is that the
    data is inserted in the datatable but the datagrid doesn't refresh the
    data.

    What's Wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

    Here the code:

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS IS THE WEBPAGE HEADER
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Codebehind="frmAnomalias.aspx.vb" Inherits="Anomalias.frmAnomalias"
    smartNavigation="True" %>

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS IS THE WEBPAGE HEADER
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    <DIV id="div1" style="Z-INDEX: 109; LEFT: 14px; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH:
    451px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 95px; HEIGHT: 116px"
    ms_positioning="GridLayout">
    <asp:datagrid id="gridPdtes" style="Z-INDEX: 115; LEFT: 0px;
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px" runat="server" ForeColor="Navy"
    Height="64px" Width="433px" BackColor="FloralWhite" BorderColor="Navy"
    AutoGenerateColumns="False" Font-Size="8pt" Font-Names="Verdana">
    <HeaderStyle Font-Size="10pt" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Bold="True"
    ForeColor="SteelBlue" BorderColor="White"
    BackColor="Azure"></HeaderStyle>
    <Columns>
    <asp:TemplateColumn></asp:TemplateColumn>
    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Objeto"
    HeaderText="Objeto"></asp:BoundColumn>
    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Descripcion"
    HeaderText="Descripción"></asp:BoundColumn>
    <asp:BoundColumn Visible="False" DataField="Index"
    HeaderText="Index"></asp:BoundColumn>
    </Columns>
    </asp:datagrid>
    </DIV>

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS IS THE CODE OF THE BUTTON THAT INSERTS NEW ROWS
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Private Sub bAddTxt_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles bAddTxt.Click

    If Me.txtAnomTxtLibre.Text <> "" Then
    AgregarAnomTxtLibre(Me.txtAnomTxtLibre.Text)
    Me.txtAnomTxtLibre.Text = ""
    RellenarTablas()
    End If

    End Sub

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS IS THE CODE THAT USE A COMPONENT TO UPDATE/INSERT ROWS IN THE
    // DATABASE
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Public Sub AgregarAnomTxtLibre(ByVal txt As String)

    SETSI_XFolder = New SETSI_Folders.SETSI_XFolders.SETSI_XFolder()
    FolderBase = New IDESFOLDERLib.FdrClass()
    XFolder = New IDESXLib.iDesX_XFolderClass()
    XFolder = FolderBase.XNew(SessionPId, ArchAnomPId)
    XFolder.SetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDEXP, IdExp)
    XFolder.SetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDOBJ, IdObj)
    If IdTipoObj = 0 Then
    XFolder.SetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDTIPOBJ, "Expediente")
    Else
    XFolder.SetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDTIPOBJ,
    ObjFunciones.DescripcionTipObj(IdTipoObj))
    End If
    XFolder.SetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_SUBSAN, "N")
    XFolder.SetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_TEXTO, txt)
    SETSI_XFolder.XFolder = XFolder
    SETSI_XFolder.Flags = 0
    SETSI_XFolders.Add(SETSI_XFolder)
    SETSI_XFolder = Nothing
    XFolder = Nothing
    FolderBase = Nothing

    End Sub

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS IS THE SUB THAT INITIALIZES THE DATATABLE OBJECT
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Public Sub RellenarTablas()
    Dim table As New DataTable()
    Dim col As New DataColumn()
    Dim row As DataRow
    Dim txt As String
    Dim objTxt As String
    Dim chk As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim TipoObjeto As Object
    Dim IdTipoObjeto As Object
    Dim IdObjeto As Object
    Dim IdTipoAnomalia As Object
    Dim TextoAnomalia As Object
    Dim Subsanada As Object

    col.ColumnName = "Objeto"
    table.Columns.Add(col)
    col = New DataColumn()
    col.ColumnName = "Descripcion"
    table.Columns.Add(col)
    col = New DataColumn()
    col.ColumnName = "Subsanada"
    table.Columns.Add(col)
    col = New DataColumn()
    col.ColumnName = "Index"
    table.Columns.Add(col)

    For i = 0 To SETSI_XFolders.GetCount - 1
    SETSI_XFolder = New
    SETSI_Folders.SETSI_XFolders.SETSI_XFolder()
    XFolder = New IDESXLib.iDesX_XFolderClass()
    SETSI_XFolder = SETSI_XFolders.GetItem(i)
    If SETSI_XFolder.Flags = 0 Or SETSI_XFolder.Flags = 2 Then
    XFolder = SETSI_XFolder.XFolder
    objTxt = XFolder.GetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDTIPOBJ)
    IdTipoObjeto = ObjFunciones.GetIdTipObj(CStr(objTxt))
    IdObjeto = XFolder.GetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDOBJ)
    IdTipoAnomalia =
    XFolder.GetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_IDTIPOANOM)
    TextoAnomalia =
    XFolder.GetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_TEXTO)
    Subsanada = XFolder.GetFieldValue(SETSI_FLDID_ANOM_SUBSAN)
    If IdTipoObjeto > 1 And IdTipoObj <> 4 Then
    ' Equipos o titulados
    objTxt = objTxt & " - " &
    ObjFunciones.DescripcionObj(ObjSession, SessionPId, IdTipoObjeto,
    IdObjeto)
    End If

    If IsDBNull(IdTipoAnomalia) Then
    txt = TextoAnomalia
    Else
    If IdTipoAnomalia = 0 Then
    txt = TextoAnomalia
    Else
    RS = ObjSession.XDBSelect(SessionPId, "A" &
    SETSI_ARCHID_TIPOS_ANOM & "SF", "FLD" & SETSI_FLDID_TIPOS_ANOM_VALOR,
    "WHERE FDRID = " & IdTipoAnomalia, Found)
    If Not RS Is Nothing And Found Then
    RS.Item(1, txt)
    End If
    RS = Nothing
    End If
    End If
    row = table.NewRow()
    row.Item(0) = objTxt
    row.Item(1) = txt
    row.Item(2) = Subsanada
    row.Item(3) = i

    table.Rows.Add(row)
    XFolder = Nothing
    SETSI_XFolder = Nothing
    End If
    Next
    CrearVistas(table)
    AgregarCheckboxes()
    DeshabilitarAutom()
    End Sub

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS SUB BUILDS THE DATAVIEW ON THE DATATABLE OBJECT
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Public Sub CrearVistas(ByVal table As DataTable)
    Dim dv As DataView
    If IdTipoObj > 1 Then
    ' Equipos y Titulados:
    Me.gridPdtes.Columns(1).Visible = False
    Me.gridSubs.Columns(1).Visible = False
    End If
    dv = New DataView(table, "Subsanada='N'", "",
    DataViewRowState.CurrentRows)
    Me.gridPdtes.DataSource = dv
    Me.gridPdtes.DataBind()
    dv = New DataView(table, "Subsanada='S'", "",
    DataViewRowState.CurrentRows)
    Me.gridSubs.DataSource = dv
    Me.gridSubs.DataBind()
    End Sub

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS SUB INSERT CHECKBOXES IN THE DATAGRID
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Public Sub AgregarCheckboxes()
    Dim i As Int16
    Dim chk As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox

    For i = 0 To Me.gridPdtes.Items.Count - 1
    chk = New System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox()
    Me.gridPdtes.Items.Item(i).Cells(0).Controls.Add(chk)
    Next
    For i = 0 To Me.gridSubs.Items.Count - 1
    chk = New System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox()
    Me.gridSubs.Items.Item(i).Cells(0).Controls.Add(chk)
    Next
    End Sub

    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    // THIS SUB PUTS SOME CONTROLS DISABLED
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Private Sub DeshabilitarAutom()
    Dim m_Item As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem
    Dim Tipo As String
    Dim Color As System.Drawing.Color
    Color = Color.FromName("Snow")
    For Each m_Item In Me.gridPdtes.Items
    Tipo = m_Item.Cells(1).Text
    If Tipo = "Automática" Then
    m_Item.Enabled = False
    'm_Item.BackColor = Color
    End If
    Next
    End Sub
    Inigo Jimenez, Dec 1, 2003
  9. Inigo Jimenez

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    did you get help on this or figure this out. I'm sorry i took so long this
    one slipped thru the cracks

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney