SmartNavigation hosed in default web folder

Guest

I've deployed a web forms app to IIS 6/Server 2003 Ent. If my web folder is designated as the default web folder, SmartNavigation doesn't work. All pages with SN enabled render blank pages. If the the app is located in a sub folder under the the default web site, SN works fine. This is a problem because I have to redirect from the root folder which is mapped to our domain name. This caused the IP address to show up in the user's address bar rather than the domain name

I'd like the app to exist at the root folder and for users to see our domain name.

Peter Rilling

Make sure you have the aspnet_client folder under the root and that the
SmartNavigation script file is somewhere in that folder.