SmartNavigation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by amiringo, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. amiringo

    amiringo Guest

    I have two problems after set this page directive...

    First, when I run the web application in my side(installed VS.NET) the page
    include that directive, it will redirect to the following address.
    http://localhost/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/SmartNav.htm
    Every page which set SmartNavigation="True" will redirect to that page....
    However, If I run my web application in testing server(no VS.NET installed),
    no redirect occour.
    Why it will redirect that page? Is there any setting wrong?

    Second, If I set SmartNavigation="True" in that page, the page prompt a
    javascript error "Invalid Pointer" when I click a button. The onclick button
    event just do some error checking in each rows in datagrid and write the
    following script to create a pop up window

    Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript"" type=""text/JavaScript"">")
    Response.Write("window.open(""show.aspx?show=sum"", ""Details"", ""width=""+
    window.screen.width-10 + "",height="" + window.screen.height +
    "",toolbars=no,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizable=yes"")")
    Response.Write("</script>")

    I have double checked with the reference link, it should no syntax error...
    What does it mean by "Invalid Pointer"? How can I solve it?

    If I remove SmartNavigation="True", everything is all right..... I have no
    idea why have such error.....

    Does anybody can help me?
    amiringo, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Hi,

    For the first one, if you get a blank explorer window
    (with a small source about some smart nav redirection
    syntax) then check that
    the "aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322" folder exists on
    your test server under the current web service's root
    folder, if not, copy it there so that the server can find
    the required smart nav .js files.

    Can't help you with the second issue though.

    Cheers,
    -Mat

    )

    Matthew Hobbs, Jan 11, 2004

  3. amiringo

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    > >Response.Write("<script language=""JavaScript""
    > type=""text/JavaScript"">")
    > >Response.Write("window.open(""show.aspx?

    > show=sum"", ""Details"", ""width=""+
    > >window.screen.width-10 + "",height="" +

    > window.screen.height +
    > >"",toolbars=no,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizable=yes"")"

    > )
    > >Response.Write("</script>")

    This code doesn't compile. Please provide a compilable version which
    reproduces the problem so I can have a look at the issue.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney, Jan 11, 2004