    local alignment algorithm and it's variants for aligning natural
    language text?

    thanks
    Muhammad Adeel, Aug 6, 2010

  2. Daniel Fetchinson, Aug 6, 2010

  3. Muhammad Adeel

    Ian Guest

    On 06/08/2010 17:54, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
    >> Does any one about any implementation of classical Smith Waterman
    >> local alignment algorithm and it's variants for aligning natural
    >> language text?
    >>

    > Please see http://tinyurl.com/2wy43fh

    Every one of the first 20 entries is either the OP questions or your reply.

    Daniel - you are no help at all, and no funny.

    Ian
    Ian, Aug 7, 2010
  4. Muhammad Adeel

    Peter Otten Guest

    Ian wrote:

    > On 06/08/2010 17:54, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
    >>> Does any one about any implementation of classical Smith Waterman
    >>> local alignment algorithm and it's variants for aligning natural
    >>> language text?
    >>>

    >> Please see http://tinyurl.com/2wy43fh
    >>

    > Every one of the first 20 entries is either the OP questions or your
    > reply.
    >
    > Daniel - you are no help at all, and no funny.

    Maybe, but the OP would have had the advantage of not seeing these entries
    had he googled before asking. The first hit for

    Smith Waterman in Python

    is still

    http://narnia.cs.ttu.edu/drupal/node/104

    and finding it and evaluating it before posting here should have been
    doable.

    Peter
    Peter Otten, Aug 7, 2010
  5. >>> Does any one about any implementation of classical Smith Waterman
    >>> local alignment algorithm and it's variants for aligning natural
    >>> language text?
    >>>

    >> Please see http://tinyurl.com/2wy43fh
    >>

    > Every one of the first 20 entries is either the OP questions or your reply.

    And you think it was there before the OP sent his message?
    Oh wait, did you just invent a time machine? :)

    > Daniel - you are no help at all, and no funny.

    Actually, I'm damn funny! :)

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, Aug 7, 2010
  6. Muhammad Adeel

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 8/7/2010 1:43 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:

    >> Every one of the first 20 entries is either the OP questions or your reply.

    > And you think it was there before the OP sent his message?
    > Oh wait, did you just invent a time machine? :)
    >
    >> Daniel - you are no help at all, and no funny.

    > Actually, I'm damn funny! :)

    I have noticed before that people who post without searching first end
    up polluting subsequent searches. Google obviously boosts the
    rank of recent pages. That is because when people search for something
    like "Lindsey Lohan", they most likely want the latest news rather than
    a definitive biography page.
    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Aug 8, 2010
  7. >>> Every one of the first 20 entries is either the OP questions or your
    >>> reply.

    >> And you think it was there before the OP sent his message?
    >> Oh wait, did you just invent a time machine? :)
    >>
    >>> Daniel - you are no help at all, and no funny.

    >> Actually, I'm damn funny! :)

    > I have noticed before that people who post without searching first end
    > up polluting subsequent searches. Google obviously boosts the
    > rank of recent pages.

    This is one of the three major reasons stackoverflow and friends were developed.

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, Aug 9, 2010