Smoother Lines in Turtle Graphics

tomy

Hi All
I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
question too easy.
How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
I am using python on windows.

Thanks in advance

Diez B. Roggisch

tomy said:
Hi All
I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
question too easy.
How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
I am using python on windows.

What turtle graphics? I'm not aware that there is some
standard-turtle-graphics available, so it might be a problem of your
turtle-graphics-package.

Diez

Ant

What turtle graphics? I'm not aware that there is some
standard-turtle-graphics available, so it might be a problem of your
turtle-graphics-package.

Diez

import turtle

Its part of the standard Library! I don't know the answer to the OP's
question mind you, I'd played around a little with it a while ago, but
nothing more.

Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

Jeremy Sanders

Ant said:
Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

I didn't know that! It looks like turtle is based on Tk, which doesn't have
antialiasing yet (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/10101 ), so it can't really be
made nice and smooth (unless you could somehow use tkzinc/tkpath to draw
with).

I suppose turtle wouldn't be that hard to reimplement it to use Qt/Gtk
instead.

Jeremy

Steve Holden

Jeremy said:
I didn't know that! It looks like turtle is based on Tk, which doesn't have
antialiasing yet (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/10101 ), so it can't really be
made nice and smooth (unless you could somehow use tkzinc/tkpath to draw
with).

I suppose turtle wouldn't be that hard to reimplement it to use Qt/Gtk
instead.
Doing that would make it less useful, though, since the primary value of
turtle is to provide something that (sort of) works fro the standard
library without adding further batteries.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

kyosohma

Hi All
I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
question too easy.
How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
I am using python on windows.

Thanks in advance

You may be better off using PIL or pygame for this sort of thing.

Mike