    How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
    I am using python on windows.

    Thanks in advance
    tomy, Aug 10, 2007

  2. tomy wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
    > question too easy.
    > How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
    > I am using python on windows.

    What turtle graphics? I'm not aware that there is some
    standard-turtle-graphics available, so it might be a problem of your
    turtle-graphics-package.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Aug 10, 2007

  3. tomy

    Ant Guest

    On Aug 10, 11:41 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > tomy wrote:
    > > Hi All

    > What turtle graphics? I'm not aware that there is some
    > standard-turtle-graphics available, so it might be a problem of your
    > turtle-graphics-package.
    >
    > Diez

    import turtle

    Its part of the standard Library! I don't know the answer to the OP's
    question mind you, I'd played around a little with it a while ago, but
    nothing more.

    Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

    --
    Ant...

    http://antroy.blogspot.com/
    Ant, Aug 10, 2007
  4. Ant wrote:

    > Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

    I didn't know that! It looks like turtle is based on Tk, which doesn't have
    antialiasing yet (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/10101 ), so it can't really be
    made nice and smooth (unless you could somehow use tkzinc/tkpath to draw
    with).

    I suppose turtle wouldn't be that hard to reimplement it to use Qt/Gtk
    instead.

    Jeremy

    --
    Jeremy Sanders
    http://www.jeremysanders.net/
    Jeremy Sanders, Aug 10, 2007
  5. tomy

    Steve Holden Guest

    Jeremy Sanders wrote:
    > Ant wrote:
    >
    >> Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

    > I didn't know that! It looks like turtle is based on Tk, which doesn't have
    > antialiasing yet (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/10101 ), so it can't really be
    > made nice and smooth (unless you could somehow use tkzinc/tkpath to draw
    > with).
    >
    > I suppose turtle wouldn't be that hard to reimplement it to use Qt/Gtk
    > instead.

    Doing that would make it less useful, though, since the primary value of
    turtle is to provide something that (sort of) works fro the standard
    library without adding further batteries.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Aug 10, 2007
  6. tomy

    Guest

    On Aug 9, 6:56 pm, tomy <> wrote:
    > Hi All
    > I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
    > question too easy.
    > How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
    > I am using python on windows.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You may be better off using PIL or pygame for this sort of thing.

    Mike
    , Aug 10, 2007