SMS Alerts throught ASP.Net 2.0

Kausar

Hello All,

I have following queries:

How to Send/Receive SMS(Short Message Service) Alerts through
ASP.NET application.
Although, I found this
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/SendingSMS.asp which uses the 3rd Party
webservices for this purpose.
but i don't wanna rely on this 3rd Party service. How can i
create this on my own?

How to Check that particular mobile device/number support this
service?

What if the mobile support this service but b'coz of this
service is chargable the user disabled it?

Thanks & Regards
Kausar

John Timney \(MVP\)

To send and recieve SMS you need an SMS gateway - which can be a mobile
phone connected to a PC running apporpriate software to communicate through
it. Take a look at nowSMS, a useful gateway that works with many phones for
inbound and outbound messaging and has an easy to wrap internal web server
to operate it via local http based requests.

I would however think that a web based srevice certainly for outbound
messaging will be cheaper.

Kausar

Hello John,

I want to know, Does Microsoft provide any framework for sending
SMS?
Can't we create a component using Window's CE and deploy it to
ASP.NET for this purpose?

Thanks & Regards
Kausar

John Timney \(MVP\)

No, the framework has no native support for SMS. It does have support for
making web requests which is how 99.9% of SMS gateways handle client
interactions. Many of the web based services can be interacted with via C#
very easily and products such as NowSMS can easily be operated via ASP.NET.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)

Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
sms gateway

I recommend you a site txtimpact.com which is involved in providing sms gateway services like dedicated shortcode and shared shortcode to send and receive sms from web application to mobile phones.