SMS Alerts throught ASP.Net 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kausar, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. Kausar

    Kausar Guest

    Hello All,

    I have following queries:

    How to Send/Receive SMS(Short Message Service) Alerts through
    ASP.NET application.
    Although, I found this
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/SendingSMS.asp which uses the 3rd Party
    webservices for this purpose.
    but i don't wanna rely on this 3rd Party service. How can i
    create this on my own?

    How to Check that particular mobile device/number support this
    service?

    What if the mobile support this service but b'coz of this
    service is chargable the user disabled it?

    Thanks & Regards
    Kausar
    Kausar, Jul 17, 2006

  2. To send and recieve SMS you need an SMS gateway - which can be a mobile
    phone connected to a PC running apporpriate software to communicate through
    it. Take a look at nowSMS, a useful gateway that works with many phones for
    inbound and outbound messaging and has an easy to wrap internal web server
    to operate it via local http based requests.

    I would however think that a web based srevice certainly for outbound
    messaging will be cheaper.
    --
    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 17, 2006

  3. Kausar

    Kausar Guest

    Hello John,

    I want to know, Does Microsoft provide any framework for sending
    SMS?
    Can't we create a component using Window's CE and deploy it to
    ASP.NET for this purpose?

    Thanks & Regards
    Kausar

    Kausar, Jul 18, 2006
  4. No, the framework has no native support for SMS. It does have support for
    making web requests which is how 99.9% of SMS gateways handle client
    interactions. Many of the web based services can be interacted with via C#
    very easily and products such as NowSMS can easily be operated via ASP.NET.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 18, 2006
  5. Kausar

    Guest

    , Aug 14, 2006
  6. Kausar

    justinbryan

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    sms gateway

    I recommend you a site txtimpact.com which is involved in providing sms gateway services like dedicated shortcode and shared shortcode to send and receive sms from web application to mobile phones.
    justinbryan, Jun 23, 2010