    a GSM phone on my PC computer COM port? Do I just need to send out tone
    pulses by ATDT command like using modem?

    Thanks!
    eeh, Aug 14, 2005

  2. eeh

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 13 Aug 2005 18:32:21 -0700, "eeh" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Could anyone tell me how to send sms by Java source code if I attached
    >a GSM phone on my PC computer COM port? Do I just need to send out tone
    >pulses by ATDT command like using modem?

    Does your cellphone have an Internet connection? If so, providers
    have websites where you can deliver the messages via TCP/IP or email.
    I worked some years ago on a medical reminder program. We had hooks
    into half a dozen cell-phone providers. They were not that
    complicated.
    Roedy Green, Aug 14, 2005

  3. eeh

    Leo Gaggl Guest

    eeh wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could anyone tell me how to send sms by Java source code if I attached
    > a GSM phone on my PC computer COM port? Do I just need to send out tone
    > pulses by ATDT command like using modem?
    >
    > Thanks!

    yes - certainly possible and there is plenty of software around to do
    it. some commercial and some open source. depending on the mobile you
    can use AT commands or some use other formats (binary GSM formats). just
    plain old serial ASCII text. no pulses or tone. as per usual google is
    your friend:

    http://www.objectxp.com/products/jSMS/
    http://www.autexier.de/jmau/apps/smsj/smsj.html

    HTH