sms email receive twice for tmobile and cingular

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Homa, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Homa

    Homa Guest

    Hi,

    I'm writing a webpage that will send sms to cell phone using smtp
    (System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer)

    When I send to tmobile (tmomail.net) or cingular (mycingular.net),
    cell phone receives twice.

    When I send the same message to AT&T (mobile.att.net) or regular
    email, I just receive once.

    I test it and found out if I use outlook to send the message, I also
    receives twice.

    However, if I send the message using other web-based email service,
    like yahoo.com, I only receive it once.

    my webpage Set SmtpServer = "localhost" and the outlook I use also
    uses a internal email server. I think this have something to do with
    it.

    Anyone can share some ideas?

    Thanks,
    Homa Wong
    Homa, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Where does the actual SMTP that is doing the sending reside ?

    Does your internal mail server have a smarthost pointing and routing to the
    actual SMTP ?

    If you are sending it thru an external mail server ie actual.mysmtp.com. You
    may want to disable your internal SMTP Server and point your webpage Set
    SmtpServer = "actual.mysmtp.com".

    Please take note that if you are using outlook with your internal email
    server and if you disabling your own internal SMTP Server, you need to
    change the incoming and outgoing mail settings.

    hth

    --
    Thank you very much

    Warmest Regards,