sms email receive twice for tmobile and cingular

Homa

Hi,

I'm writing a webpage that will send sms to cell phone using smtp
(System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer)

When I send to tmobile (tmomail.net) or cingular (mycingular.net),
cell phone receives twice.

When I send the same message to AT&T (mobile.att.net) or regular
email, I just receive once.

I test it and found out if I use outlook to send the message, I also
receives twice.

However, if I send the message using other web-based email service,
like yahoo.com, I only receive it once.

my webpage Set SmtpServer = "localhost" and the outlook I use also
uses a internal email server. I think this have something to do with
it.

Anyone can share some ideas?

Thanks,
Homa Wong

Softwaremaker

Hi,

Where does the actual SMTP that is doing the sending reside ?

Does your internal mail server have a smarthost pointing and routing to the
actual SMTP ?

If you are sending it thru an external mail server ie actual.mysmtp.com. You
may want to disable your internal SMTP Server and point your webpage Set
SmtpServer = "actual.mysmtp.com".

Please take note that if you are using outlook with your internal email
server and if you disabling your own internal SMTP Server, you need to
change the incoming and outgoing mail settings.

hth

--
Thank you very much

Warmest Regards,