  1. Is there any ASP application to send SMS to mobile phones from a website?

    Thanks,
    Benny

    Benny Alexander, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Benny Alexander

    Guest Guest

    usually you just send an email to the phone number, so no big deal

    "Benny Alexander" <ag_BennyREMOVETHIS@Yahoo-Remove_This.com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Guest, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Hi.
    I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
    work.

    What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.

    Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.

    Jan

    Jan G. Thorstensen, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Benny Alexander

    Evertjan. Guest

    Jan G. Thorstensen wrote on 02 jul 2003 in

    > I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
    > work.
    >
    > What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.
    >
    > Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.
    >
    > Jan

    You cannot send an email to a phone number, only to a provider that will
    forward it into the telephone net.

    [virtual]

    They want to get payed for that !!

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jul 2, 2003
  5. Thanks, Evertjan.
    Danke wel...

    Jan G. Thorstensen, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Benny Alexander

    Dan Brussee Guest

    In article <3f034fe2$>, says...
    > Hi.
    > I tried to do just that, send an email to the phone number, but I didn't
    > work.
    >
    > What do I do wrong? I substituted the email address with my phone number.
    >
    > Appriciate a solution to this, thanks.
    >
    > Jan
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > usually you just send an email to the phone number, so no big deal

    As has been posted, you cant just send it to the phone number itself,
    but many cell phones have a domain where you can send to. For example
    Verizon Wireless uses vtext.com as their domain, so if you have a phone
    number 999-123-4567 and use Verizon, you can send an SMS message to
    .

    If you do not know the vendor of the cell phone number, you will
    probably need the services of the third party sender.

    --

    Remove NOT from email address to reply. AntiSpam in action.

    Dan Brussee, Jul 2, 2003