SMS (Short MEssaging Service)

Seelan Raja

Hey Guys,
Im trying to do a project...I have a SQL Server database...and I have to SMS
some data from the database to a cell phone.
How can I do this...I didnt know where to post this...thats y im posting it
here
Thanks
Please help me..
-Seelan

Glenn Wilson

Have a look at programming the Serial Port and use at commands to control a
GSM Modem.

Go over to www.gotdotnet.com and there is some discussion going on now
regarding the same topic.

Hans Kesting

Seelan said:
Hey Guys,
Im trying to do a project...I have a SQL Server database...and I have
to SMS some data from the database to a cell phone.
How can I do this...I didnt know where to post this...thats y im
posting it here
Thanks
Please help me..
-Seelan

As an in-between solution: there are various email-to-sms gateways
available. Some possible drawbacks: the receivers need to register there
(because they pay for the received SMS'es) and you need to know
what email address to use for a specific cell phone.
You can then send an email to that address (usually only header, empty body)
and they receive an SMS.

Hans Kesting