    lost its connection to the server."

    Any idea why i keep getting these errors.?

    I have a deadline approaching pretty fast, plz HELP...
    Latha Rajeev, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Hello Latha,

    The error message "The transport error code was 0x800ccc0b. The server
    response was not available."

    Means: Server is busy.

    If we use cdoSendUsingPort in CDOSYS to send mail rapidly, it may lock up
    application.

    The resolution is to use the default cdoSendUsingPickup directory, and
    allow the local SMTP service to route the mail. cdoSendUsing pickup will
    take up to 30 seconds to complete its communication with the mailserver per
    mail connection. cdoSendUsingPickup, can put out mass mails because it only
    creates a file I/O file into the local store.

    I suggest you try this method to send out meail. For details, please check
    out:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wss/wss/_clb_sending_smtp_mail_by_th
    e_pickup_directory_using_cdosys_vbs.asp?frame=true

    Hope it helps.

    Best regards,
    yhhuang
    VS.NET, Visual C++
    Microsoft

    Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com
    --------------------
    !From: "Latha Rajeev" <>
    !Sender: "Latha Rajeev" <>
    !Subject: SMTP Error
    !Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:13:18 -0700
    !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    !
    !Hi,
    !I have an application which sends out mails(using CDO),
    !the SMTP Server being a machine which is one the same
    !network. Most times, the mails are sent out successfully
    !but every once in a while, the app reports the following
    !error:
    !"The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The
    !transport error code was 0x800ccc0b. The server response
    !was not available.".
    !Also at times i get the following error:"The transport
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Jun 27, 2003

  3. Latha Rajeev

    Latha Rajeev Guest

    Hello Yan-Hong Huang,
    Thanx for u'r suggestion. I will be trying this out as
    soon as i can.

    Latha

    Latha Rajeev, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Latha Rajeev

    Carlito

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    SPAM Control

    Hi Guys\Girls

    It will be a good idea to talk to the infrastructure guys.

    I had the same problem and it came down to SPAM control.

    In my instance this same problem was caused by connection filtering that was enabled with multiple RBL lists.

    As soon as i excluded the local subnet from the connection filtering everything started working again. One thing i do know is that in my instance this was working a month ago, thus obviously the RBL providers managed to restrict SMTP senders by obviouse ip subnet senders.

    Hope it works

    Carlito
    Carlito, Jun 7, 2007