SMTP for ASP

David

Hi Group,
I'm having a few problems with getting an SMTP server configured on my
Windows 2000 Server web server. My web server is co-located at my hosts and
i use VNC to remotely access the web server. Acting on advice from my host
IIS's SMTP server has been disabled by running the IIS lockdown Tool. I
have internal access to my hosts SMTP server where i can send mail from my
web site to my own domain email address only, i am not allowed to send email
external address.

Does anyone know of a SMTP server that i can use to send emails from my ASP
website?

My host suggested Jmail for doing the job. I installed JMail on my web
server but i am getting the following error:

"The message was undeliverable. All servers failed to receive the message"

Can anyone tell me what this error is?
Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
I am correct in my understanding that JMail has its own SMTP server?
How can i test to see if JMail is working?
after installing JMail do i include my web server IP address as the SMTP
server?

Thanks in advance for any help received

David

Ken Schaefer

JMail does not have its own SMTP server. You need to specify a SMTP server
(by IP Address, or by domain name). It uses TCP sockets to connect to the
server (which can be local or remote). This contrasts with CDONTS which can
only use the local IIS SMTP server.

Cheers
Ken

:
: Does anyone know of a SMTP server that i can use to send emails from my
ASP
: website?
:
:
: My host suggested Jmail for doing the job. I installed JMail on my web
: server but i am getting the following error:
:
: "The message was undeliverable. All servers failed to receive the message"
:
: Can anyone tell me what this error is?
: Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
: I am correct in my understanding that JMail has its own SMTP server?
: How can i test to see if JMail is working?
: after installing JMail do i include my web server IP address as the SMTP
: server?

WIlliam Morris

JMail needs you to supply it with the address of an SMTP server. In the
applications I've been writing, I've been using our ISP's SMTP address very
successfully for more than a year.

Regards,