SMTP isn't working from aspx page

Guest

I'm trying to send email from an aspx page. Here is my code. It gives me an
error message
"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object."

What do I need to do? This is on my local machine and I installed SMTP
server and it is running. Operating system is Windows XP Professional

Private objMailMessage As New MailMessage
objMailMessage.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
objMailMessage.To = dvDataView(0)("Email")
objMailMessage.Subject = "Please take this survey."
objMailMessage.Body = "Dear " & sFirstName & " " & _
sLastName & "," & vbCrLf & _
"Please take this survey. Follow the link below. " & vbCrLf & " " & _
LinkToPage & _
"?ProjectNumber=" & sProjSeq & _
"&ProjectName=" & sProjName & _
"&Description=" & sDescription & _
"&Scorer=" & sScorer

SmtpMail.Send(objMailMessage)

Guest

After specifying the Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "127.0.0.1"
I get the following error in the inner.inner exception:

"The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code
was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available

What can I do next?

--
Chris Davoli

Ken Cox said:
Hi Chris,

I don't see where you are identifying the smtp server.

Wouldn't it be something like

mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "127.0.0.1"

BTW, there are a bunch of suggestions here for that error:

http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/4.2.3.aspx#4.2.3

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Kevin Spencer

Check out the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186272

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Chris Davoli said:
I'm trying to send email from an aspx page. Here is my code. It gives
me
an
error message
"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object."

What do I need to do? This is on my local machine and I installed SMTP
server and it is running. Operating system is Windows XP Professional

Private objMailMessage As New MailMessage
objMailMessage.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
objMailMessage.To = dvDataView(0)("Email")
objMailMessage.Subject = "Please take this survey."
objMailMessage.Body = "Dear " & sFirstName & " " & _
sLastName & "," & vbCrLf & _
"Please take this survey. Follow the link below. " & vbCrLf & "
" &
_