    for
    Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite: System.Net.Mail.MailWriter SendMail(System.Net.Mail.MailAddress,
    System.Net.Mail.MailAddressCollection, System.String,
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException ByRef)
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: System

    There is no mailbox here, just the virtual server.

    The way I can make it work is to go into the properties for the SMTP Virtual
    Server and go to Access/Relay and add 127.0.0.1 to only allow relay from
    only this machine.

    Is this the proper way to do it?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, May 2, 2008

  2. tshad

    bruce barker Guest

    the smtp virtual needs some valid smtp server it can relay thru.
    generally the smtp server will require a login (which you can configure
    the virtual server to supply).

    I assume you are planning on using your smtp server, talk to your
    network people and get the port number and login the virtual server will
    need. then configure the client virtual relay to use these settings.

    the client may need to configure their firewall to allow smtp out from
    the virtual server.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 5, 2008