SMTP service running on port 26 + CDONTS

Andrew Weaver

How do you change the port in which CDONTS will look for Microsoft SMTP
server? I have Imail running on port 25, and I have SMTP service running on
port 26. Any help you can provide me would be excellent.

Thanks,
-Drew

Ray at

You've tried it and it doesn't work? It shouldn't matter, I don't believe.
CDONTS will just generated the .eml file and drop it in the server's pickup
directory, and from there, it's up to the SMTP service to deliver the
message, which should do so through whichever port you've specified in the
service.

Also, is this on NT? If 2000, you should be using CDO.

Ray at work

Andrew Weaver

Yes, it is windows 2000, do you have any URLs that explain how to use CDO
instead of CDONTS to send email?

Thanks,
-Drew