SMTP troubles and odd fix...why does this work?

Darrel

I'm trying to send email from my application. I've been getting a "The
server rejected one or more recipient addresses." error. After some
googling, the fix I found was to make sure to NOT state a mail server for
SmtpMail.SmtpServer

Instead, do this:

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = ""

And, sure enough...that worked!? Why? Is that a viable solution?

-Darrel

Darrel

SmtpMail.Servers.Add("myserver");

That appears to be C#?

I'm using Vb.net in this case.

Is the blank server 'fix' OK to use?

-Darrel

sloan

Ok...remove the ";" (semi colon).

The blank server probably means your own machine is relaying the messages.

You'd better check
c:\inetpub\mail\bad (or something like that) and make sure your emails are
being sent.

The better thing to do would be to get it to work via code. Aka...the code
I mention.

Download my sample, and you can probably get your "real" settings to work.