    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:
    Steven Burn, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    Ray.... it just simply......doesn't send them (I'm not quite sure how to
    describe it but basically, the e-mails stop at the server).

    I spoke to Inspiratech (the people I rent my server from) about it and
    they've said SMTP is not available for outside domains and as such, e-mails
    that try to relay, or go "outside" of my domain.... are instantly deleted.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Ray at <%=sLocation%> <myfirstname at lane 34 . komm> wrote in message
    > What is it that tells you that it cannot send outside of your domain?

    Have
    > you looked into the reason it cannot? Perhaps it's relaying to another
    > server on your network which does not know to accept relaying to external
    > domains from your server?
    >
    > Ray at home
    >
    > "Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > My server has POP but only has SMTP if sending to my domain, and not

    other
    > > domains (such as hotmail). I'm therefore wondering, if anyone knows of

    any
    > > scripts etc, that will allow me to have a sort of "virtual" SMTP server

    on

    Steven Burn, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Steven Burn

    Ray at Guest

    Ray at, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    Ray at <%=sLocation%> <myfirstname at lane 34 . komm> wrote in message
    <snip>

    > Anything in any event logs?

    Nothing that I can see, but then, I only have access to my site's log's, not
    the mail server log's

    <snip>

    > That's insane. I can understand them having restrictions so that servers

    do
    > not have open relays for spammers to use, but you should be able to send
    > e-mail out from your server. Do they offer a "smarthost" that you can use
    > or anything?

    No smarthost or anything nope..... :eek:(

    I already knew there was no SMTP though. Even from my PC, I have to use a
    third party mail server (ArgoSoft Pro) to send e-mails because it's not
    supplied on my POP accounts (can send e-mail from the web based mail on my
    domain though, which is strange.......and confusing, just not from my PC, or
    my site's server).

    <snip>

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:
    Steven Burn, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Steven Burn

    Ray at Guest

    Ray at, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    Need to use the ISP's SMTP server.

    Cheers for the link, I'll take a look.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Steven Burn

    Roland Hall Guest

    Roland Hall, Dec 7, 2003
  8. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    To send mail to my own POP (those on my it-mate.co.uk domain) accounts I
    can;

    a: send mail from my mail client (i.e. OE)
    b: send mail via the server (i.e. via my website)
    c: send mail via my actual mail server itself

    To send mail to outside domains (i.e. hotmail.com) I need to;

    a: use my ISP's SMTP server
    b: use my own third party mail server (in this case; ArgoSoft
    Pro.....via OE)
    c: use the "web-based" mail on my domain

    I cannot (server generated or otherwise);

    a: send mail via my mail server, to domains "outside" of my own
    b: send mail via my site's server, to domains "outside" of my own

    Steven Burn, Dec 7, 2003
  9. Steven Burn

    Roland Hall Guest

    Roland Hall, Dec 7, 2003
  10. Steven Burn

    Roland Hall Guest

    A few more questions:

    1. Did you run the test_asp_components.asp file?
    2. Are you paying for this hosting?
    3. Is the host Inspiratech?
    4. Are you hosted on a Microsoft or *nix server?

    Roland Hall, Dec 10, 2003
  11. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    > A few more questions:
    >
    > 1. Did you run the test_asp_components.asp file?

    </snip>

    Yes........ several things are showing as installed, and several other
    thing's are showing as not installed.

    If you need details, can I just send you the URL to the file? (I'd rather
    not post it here if thats oks?).

    <snip>
    > 2. Are you paying for this hosting?

    </snip>

    Yep, pretty darn good price too, hehe ;o)

    <snip>
    > 3. Is the host Inspiratech?

    </snip>

    Yes

    <snip>
    > 4. Are you hosted on a Microsoft or *nix server?

    </snip>

    Microsoft Windows 2000
    Steven Burn, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    No / Category / Status / Details / Com
    144 Email Not Installed None Available dkQMail
    145 Email Not Installed None Available GeoCel
    146 Email Not Installed None Available IISMail
    147 Email Not Installed None Available SMTP
    148 Email Not Installed None Available OpenX
    149 Email Not Installed None Available ABMailer
    150 Email Not Installed None Available C2GEread

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Dec 10, 2003
  13. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    Cheers Roland....... URL's sent.

    Steven Burn, Dec 11, 2003
  14. Steven Burn

    Roland Hall Guest

    Roland Hall, Dec 11, 2003
  15. Steven Burn

    Steven Burn Guest

    Roland,
    I know atleast one component in that list that works oks (CDONTS),
    but again, it only works when sending mail to my own mail server......and
    not for external one's.

    Judging by the ASP component tests you gave me, would I be correct in
    saying, I'm basically screwed.......???

    Steven Burn, Dec 11, 2003
  16. Steven Burn

    Roland Hall Guest