SMTPException: No suitable authentication method found (Server: MicrosoftESMTP MAIL Service)

Thomas Guettler

Hi,

I try to login, but I get this exception:

File "/home/foo/django/core/mail.py", line 137, in open
self.connection.login(self.username, self.password)
File "/home/foo/smtplib.py", line 587, in login
raise SMTPException("No suitable authentication method found.")

Trace from tcpdump+wireshark

220 remote.example.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:20:38 +0100
client: ehlo foo.example.com
250-remote.example.com Hello [127....]
250-SIZE 10485760
250-PIPELINING