SmtpMail Error-Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.".

Jibu

Hi

I am using SmtpMail class for mail sending. I could able to send mail using
my mailse server to our LAN. But when I tried external addresses it showed
the exception
Message "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.".

Can anybody help me to solve this probelm

Jik

ravi sankar

Is ur SMTP server running the same server as ur .net
application?
Do u mean to say all internal mails that belong to ur
domain work and external mails dnt work?

ravi sankar

Kevin Spencer

Have you checked the permissions on your SMTP server? This error can occur
when your ASP.Net account doesn't have the correct permissions on the SMTP
server, or if the server doesn't allow Relaying, and you are trying to use a
return address other than the SMTP server's domain.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
The more I learn, the less I know.

Jurjen de Groot

Jik,

Try NOT setting the smtpserver property, that 's what worked for me.
Otherwise try itterating through the innerExceptions to find out what's
really going wrong.

HTH

Jurjen de Groot
G.I.T.S., Netherlands