SmtpMail.Send( )

Cernan

I use SmtpMail in System.Web.Mail to send an email message from my web
page. (I take text from a comment text box and from to: from:
emailaddress: text boxes to build a mail message which I send). I
validate the textboxes to make sure I have all the required fields,
including the neccessary from: email address and the to: ( the valid
smtp server address).

Sometimes, when I recompile and refresh the screen (in I.E.), I get
an entirely new screen with all fields blank (as they should be), but
an email gets sent out automatically without me having to click the
SUBMIT button. It does not fail because, somehow, data from an older
(and not neccessarily the previous) email is cached somewhere. So the
previous email just gets sent out again.

What could be causing this. I can't step through the code because
this error does not happen the first time the web page is brought up.
It only happens when I recompile and refresh the open I.E. screen,
which is something you cannot do when you are running with F5 debug.

- - Cernan

DalePres

You can have the existing screen open, recompile, and then select Processes
from the debug menu and attach to aspnet_wp.exe. Then, when you refresh the
existing IE window, you will be debugging that window.

Dale