SmtpMail.Send( )

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Cernan, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. Cernan

    Cernan Guest

    I use SmtpMail in System.Web.Mail to send an email message from my web
    page. (I take text from a comment text box and from to: from:
    emailaddress: text boxes to build a mail message which I send). I
    validate the textboxes to make sure I have all the required fields,
    including the neccessary from: email address and the to: ( the valid
    smtp server address).

    Sometimes, when I recompile and refresh the screen (in I.E.), I get
    an entirely new screen with all fields blank (as they should be), but
    an email gets sent out automatically without me having to click the
    SUBMIT button. It does not fail because, somehow, data from an older
    (and not neccessarily the previous) email is cached somewhere. So the
    previous email just gets sent out again.

    What could be causing this. I can't step through the code because
    this error does not happen the first time the web page is brought up.
    It only happens when I recompile and refresh the open I.E. screen,
    which is something you cannot do when you are running with F5 debug.

    - - Cernan

    Cernan, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Cernan

    DalePres Guest

    You can have the existing screen open, recompile, and then select Processes
    from the debug menu and attach to aspnet_wp.exe. Then, when you refresh the
    existing IE window, you will be debugging that window.

    Dale

    DalePres, Jul 2, 2004