    Is this Component is better than CDO ?

    Thanks
    Prabhat
    Prabhat Nath, Jul 22, 2005

  2. > I know that the SMTPsvg.Mailer component is used to send mails from ASP

    http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm

    > Is this Component is better than CDO ?

    That depends, what do you mean by "better"?
    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 22, 2005

  3. Prabhat Nath

    Prabhat Nath Guest

    Hi, is that component is not free? Thanks for the link.

    > http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm

    > > Is this Component is better than CDO ?

    > That depends, what do you mean by "better"?

    As per performance and low server memeory load and easy to use.

    Thanks
    Prabhat
    Prabhat Nath, Jul 23, 2005
  4. > Hi, is that component is not free?

    No, it's not free.

    > As per performance and low server memeory load and easy to use.

    Well, if you need to send out gobs and gobs of e-mails, ASPQMail has a
    queueing feature that will prevent. But other than that, I have not noticed
    any significant differences -- and given that, the next best convenience of
    CDO is that you already have it.

    Not sure what this has to do with databases, though...
    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 23, 2005
  5. Prabhat Nath

    Prabhat Nath Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply.