    search for 'python snack'. :)

    Thanks in advance,
    Doug
    Doug Farrell, Jul 9, 2004

  2. On 2004-07-09, Doug Farrell <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I could find code examples, or
    > documentation, for the snack toolkit? And in this case I mean
    > the text UI snack module, not the sound toolkit which seems to
    > show up in every google search for 'python snack'. :)

    The only ones I know about are the examples that come with the
    library source distro. I wrote a couple small apps using snack
    (in both Python and C). Though I only used a small set of the
    available features, I thought it was very handy.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! How's the wife? Is
    at she at home enjoying
    Grant Edwards, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Doug Farrell

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Doug Farrell <> pisze:

    > Does anyone know where I could find code examples, or documentation,
    > for the snack toolkit? And in this case I mean the text UI snack
    > module, not the sound toolkit which seems to show up in every google
    > search for 'python snack'. :)

    There's no such thing. You can only look at 2 scripts in source package,
    plus sources of old Anaconda installer and maybe 1 or 2 other programs.

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    http://jpa.berlios.de/
    Jarek Zgoda, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Doug Farrell

    Doug Farrell Guest

    Thanks for the replies,

    > There's no such thing. You can only look at 2 scripts in source package,
    > plus sources of old Anaconda installer and maybe 1 or 2 other programs.

    I'm assuming the source package you are referring to is the source for
    snack.py itself?

    Thanks again,
    Doug
    Doug Farrell, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Doug Farrell

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Doug Farrell <> pisze:

    >> There's no such thing. You can only look at 2 scripts in source package,
    >> plus sources of old Anaconda installer and maybe 1 or 2 other programs.

    > I'm assuming the source package you are referring to is the source for
    > snack.py itself?

    NEWT/Snack (aka python-newt in Debian) is a C extension interfacing with
    libnewt.so. In source package (e.g. from Debian or better src.rpm for
    newt from PLD) you will find only these 2 short "demos". To see
    python-newt in something bigger, look for src.rpm for RedHat's Anaconda
    installer (I am sure RH 7.3 has it, don't know if newer versions of RH
    also use text-mode installation routine).

    And that's all I know of python-newt examples.

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    http://jpa.berlios.de/
    Jarek Zgoda, Jul 12, 2004