    (*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

    Chris

    , Dec 8, 2006

  2. Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
    > community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
    > slithery animals.
    >
    > Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    > these Monty Python jokes.
    >
    > Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
    > don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
    > (*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)
    >
    > Chris

    It's people like you wot cause unrest!

    Roy Smith, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Tim Chase Guest

    Re: Snake references just as ok as Monty Python jokes/references

    > I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
    > community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
    > slithery animals.
    >
    > Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    > these Monty Python jokes.

    I protest...Elvis isn't dead... ;-) Every good geekling has
    surely been brought up with a staple diet of MP (as well as
    Hitchhikers, Black Adder, etc)...

    > Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
    > don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
    > (*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

    They may get snake jokes, but all they do is boo and *hiss*.

    Sorry...that word play was made in cold-blood <accent
    flavor="bostonian">so I won't boa you with any more</accent>

    -tkc

    Tim Chase, Dec 8, 2006
  4. Neil Cerutti Guest

    On 2006-12-08, Roy Smith <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "" <> wrote:
    >> I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the
    >> Python community since technically, Python came from Monty
    >> Python, not slithery animals.
    >>
    >> Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets
    >> any of these Monty Python jokes.
    >>
    >> Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though
    >> officially they don't have anything to do with the name of our
    >> favorite language? (*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

    > It's people like you wot cause unrest!

    I think the decent people of this newsgroup are sick and tired of
    being told that the decent people of this newsgroup are sick and
    tired. I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told
    that I am.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    Sermon Outline: I. Delineate your fear II. Disown your fear III. Displace your

    Neil Cerutti, Dec 8, 2006

    wrote:
    > I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
    > community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
    > slithery animals.
    >
    > Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    > these Monty Python jokes.
    >
    > Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
    > don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
    > (*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)
    >
    > Chris

    Well, yes, that's just the sort of blinkered, Philistine
    pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.

    , Dec 8, 2006
  6. John Machin Guest

    Tim Chase wrote:
    > > I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
    > > community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
    > > slithery animals.
    > >
    > > Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    > > these Monty Python jokes.

    > I protest...Elvis isn't dead... ;-) Every good geekling has
    > surely been brought up with a staple diet of MP (as well as
    > Hitchhikers, Black Adder, etc)...

    Ah yes, exposure to Blackadder helps enormously ... after some hours
    spent trying to understand things like metaclasses, it's helpful to
    know what to do: put a pencil or chopstick up each nostril, wear your
    underpants on your head, and sit there muttering "wibble wibble" until
    they come to take you away.

    John Machin, Dec 8, 2006
  7. Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    >these Monty Python jokes.

    Who is Elvis?
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    Member of the Groucho Marx Fan Club

    Aahz, Dec 8, 2006
  8. Re: Snake references just as ok as Monty Python jokes/references

    <> wrote:

    > Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    > these Monty Python jokes.

    But hey - Elvis is not dead! - that is just a conspiracy theory that was
    originated by the Cliff Richard's fan club...

    - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Dec 9, 2006
  9. Re: Snake references just as ok as Monty Python jokes/references

    a écrit :
    > I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
    > community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
    > slithery animals.
    >
    > Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
    > these Monty Python jokes.
    >
    > Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
    > don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
    > (*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

    The answer is 42.

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Dec 12, 2006