Snake references just as ok as Monty Python jokes/references in python community? :)

seberino

I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
slithery animals.

Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
these Monty Python jokes.

Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
(*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

Chris

Roy Smith

I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
slithery animals.

Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
these Monty Python jokes.

Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
(*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

Chris

It's people like you wot cause unrest!

Tim Chase

I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
slithery animals.

Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
these Monty Python jokes.

I protest...Elvis isn't dead... ;-) Every good geekling has
surely been brought up with a staple diet of MP (as well as
Hitchhikers, Black Adder, etc)...
Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
(*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

They may get snake jokes, but all they do is boo and *hiss*.

Sorry...that word play was made in cold-blood <accent
flavor="bostonian">so I won't boa you with any more</accent>

-tkc

Neil Cerutti

It's people like you wot cause unrest!

I think the decent people of this newsgroup are sick and tired of
being told that the decent people of this newsgroup are sick and
tired. I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told
that I am.

mensanator

I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
slithery animals.

Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
these Monty Python jokes.

Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
(*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)

Chris

Well, yes, that's just the sort of blinkered, Philistine
pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.

John Machin

Tim said:
I protest...Elvis isn't dead... ;-) Every good geekling has
surely been brought up with a staple diet of MP (as well as
Hitchhikers, Black Adder, etc)...

Ah yes, exposure to Blackadder helps enormously ... after some hours
spent trying to understand things like metaclasses, it's helpful to
know what to do: put a pencil or chopstick up each nostril, wear your
underpants on your head, and sit there muttering "wibble wibble" until
they come to take you away.

Hendrik van Rooyen

Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
these Monty Python jokes.

But hey - Elvis is not dead! - that is just a conspiracy theory that was
originated by the Cliff Richard's fan club...

- Hendrik

Bruno Desthuilliers

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I'm semi-seriously wondering if snake jokes are valid in the Python
community since technically, Python came from Monty Python, not
slithery animals.

Problem is I don't know that anyone born after Elvis died gets any of
these Monty Python jokes.

Is it kosher to make snake jokes/references even though officially they
don't have anything to do with the name of our favorite language?
(*Everyone* gets snake jokes! :)
The answer is 42.