    --
    John Long
    http://wiseheartdesign.com/

    John W. Long, Jan 5, 2006

  2. John W. Long

    Bil Kleb Guest

    John W. Long wrote:
    > It is my pleasure to announce that the video and audio from the Snakes
    > and Rubies event is now Online.

    Thank you.

    Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?

    Later,
    --
    Bil Kleb
    http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

    Bil Kleb, Jan 6, 2006

  3. John W. Long

    Dan Shafer Guest

    Those videos were interesting. Thanks for the pointer.

    I was intrigued by the fact that the Django guy's presentation was
    funny, warm and very marketing-friendly while DHH's talk on Rails was
    practically all code, pretty deep and assumed a lot of prior
    knowledge. I don't know how the audience responded but clearly the
    two speakers had radically different goals and/or audiences in mind.

    But it was quite entertaining and it helped me further solidify my
    reasons for going with RoR over Django, which was my final sort-cut
    at this whole biz a few weeks back.

    On Jan 6, 2006, at 2:22 AM, Bil Kleb wrote:

    > John W. Long wrote:
    >> It is my pleasure to announce that the video and audio from the
    >> Snakes and Rubies event is now Online.

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?
    >
    > Later,
    > --
    > Bil Kleb
    > http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

    -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
    -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
    Dan Shafer
    Technology Visionary - Technology Assessment - Documentation
    "Looking at technology from every angle"
    http://www.eclecticity.com

    Dan Shafer, Jan 6, 2006
  4. On Jan 6, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

    > Those videos were interesting. Thanks for the pointer.
    >
    > I was intrigued by the fact that the Django guy's presentation was
    > funny, warm and very marketing-friendly while DHH's talk on Rails
    > was practically all code, pretty deep and assumed a lot of prior
    > knowledge. I don't know how the audience responded but clearly the
    > two speakers had radically different goals and/or audiences in mind.
    >
    > But it was quite entertaining and it helped me further solidify my
    > reasons for going with RoR over Django, which was my final sort-cut
    > at this whole biz a few weeks back.

    An event like this would _probably_ interest those who already know
    either Django or RoR or both, with a handful of curious CS faculty
    and students. :)

    Can anyone who attended the event speak about their reaction to the
    presentations?

    ~ ryan ~

    J. Ryan Sobol, Jan 6, 2006
  5. John W. Long

    John W. Long Guest

    John W. Long, Jan 6, 2006
  6. John W. Long

    John W. Long Guest

    J. Ryan Sobol wrote:
    > Can anyone who attended the event speak about their reaction to the
    > presentations?

    There's a nice recap over on the Django Web site:

    http://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2005/dec/04/snakes_and_rubies/

    And there is a nice list of other blog entries at the bottom of David's
    own recap over at his site:

    http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/000545.html

    I thoroughly enjoyed the event myself, but I also helped coordinate it
    so maybe I'm a little biased. :)

    --
    John Long
    http://wiseheartdesign.com

    John W. Long, Jan 6, 2006
  7. John W. Long

    Andreas S. Guest

    Andreas S., Jan 6, 2006
  8. John W. Long

    John W. Long Guest

    Re: Redesign

    Andreas S. wrote:
    > By the way, because I saw it on your site: what's the status of the
    > ruby-lang.org redesign?

    It's going slower than we would have liked, but much of that has been
    because all of the people on the project are living very busy lives. :)

    I've recently left my place of employment though and am beginning my own
    business. To start things off I'm planning on seeing the Ruby-Lang
    design through to completion. So things should be picking up on it this
    month. You are welcome to follow along on my Weblog. :)

    --
    John Long
    http://wiseheartdesign.com

    John W. Long, Jan 6, 2006
  9. John W. Long

    Bil Kleb Guest

    Bil Kleb, Jan 10, 2006
  10. Bil Kleb wrote:

    > John W. Long wrote:
    >
    >> Bil Kleb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Question: where do I get a "wish my site was on Rails" icon?

    >> Why not:
    >>
    >> http://wiseheartdesign.com/articles/2006/01/06/rails-badges/

    > Excellent.
    >
    > Add to our lame site: http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Bil

    Oooh, now there's a great gimmick to annoy anyone at uni that restricts
    my implementation environment ;P

    David Vallner

    David Vallner, Jan 11, 2006