    thanks (as always)
    some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
    kes

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Oct 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=

    Siva M Guest

    This might help: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/031903-1.aspx

    "WebBuilder451" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    is there ant place where i can learn the basics of reading an rss feed and
    enumerating through the values?
    just want to start at the bottom, no frills.
    thanks

    Siva M, Oct 7, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=

    Mr Newbie Guest

    Check out this cool link

    http://www.philweber.com/articles/easy_rss_in_vbnet.htm

    Mr N . . . . . 0O=<
    Da Da Da Da Daaaaaaaaaa Da Daaaaaaaaa!!!!

    Mr Newbie, Oct 7, 2005
  4. thanks for responding,
    This is an example of how to read an xml feed?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Oct 7, 2005
  5. thanks
    saw this one. I may need to work through the source code. It's good it
    works, but i was hoping for a simple example that shows what needs to
    happens to read the rss feed
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Oct 7, 2005
  6. How about something like this:

    public DataSet GetRSSFeed(string rssUrl)
    {
    // LOGIC:
    // get xml from remote uri into a dataset

    DataSet dsRssFeed = new DataSet();
    XmlReader rssReader = new XmlTextReader(rssUrl);
    dsRssFeed.ReadXml(rssReader);
    return dsRssFeed;
    }

    Pretty barebones. You should probably add exception handling and you might
    want to stick the dataset into the cache so you're not reading it every time
    the page is hit. You can also bind the dataset (or datatable) to a datagrid.
    You can iterate through the entries.
    --

    brians

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=, Oct 7, 2005