So no one is using eXo, eh?

Jim Cochrane

Is it really true that no one reading this group is using or familiar with
eXo? The query I posted about it a couple days ago only got about 1
response. I was under the impression that eXo was a well-respected
platform that had an established user base. Am I mistaken?

Thanks!

Thomas Weidenfeller

Jim said:
Is it really true that no one reading this group is using or familiar with
eXo? The query I posted about it a couple days ago only got about 1
response.

And you couldn't be bothered to honestly answer that response with an
explanation of what eXo is. So well, what do you expect? That everyone
just starts Googling about that thing and writing an essay for you?

/Thomas

Andy Fish

Jim Cochrane said:
Is it really true that no one reading this group is using or familiar with
eXo? The query I posted about it a couple days ago only got about 1
response. I was under the impression that eXo was a well-respected
platform that had an established user base. Am I mistaken?

well I guess it just means that nobody reading the group had the time or
inclination to reply - after all there's no obligation for anyone to reply.

more constructively, have a google for eXo forums and mailing lists. There
are some areas of technology (postgresql being one example that affected me
very recently) where there is relatively little activity on usenet but a
very active set of mailing lists.

Andy

Chris Uppal

Thomas said:
And you couldn't be bothered to honestly answer that response with an
explanation of what eXo is. So well, what do you expect? That everyone
just starts Googling about that thing and writing an essay for you?

Why should he ? Anyone who is in a position to contribute /anything/ towards
his query must, by definition, already know what eXo is.

Any anyone else who is curious can find out in about 5 seconds with a quick
Google search (as I did myself, never having heard of eXo).

-- chris

Jim Cochrane

And you couldn't be bothered to honestly answer that response with an
explanation of what eXo is. So well, what do you expect? That everyone
just starts Googling about that thing and writing an essay for you?

No - my question wasn't: Please go familiarize yourself with eXo so that
you can post a report on it for me. It was: If you are familiar with eXo,
would you mind posting your impressions of it here? And, of course, if one
is familiar with it, he will not need an explanation of what it is.

Now it could be that no one reading this group is familiar with it, in
which case no responses is what I would expect. I just posted this 2nd
article with the slightly provocative title in case some one who does know
it didn't see the first post.

BTW, the eXo site is:

http://exo.sourceforge.net/

Here's the short description from their main page:

Integrated application suite

The eXo platform is an Open Source integrated application suite that
provides several dependant services in a loosely couple way using a
lightweight container.

The eXo platform services stack :

* Low level : Log, database, hibernate, XML processing, cache...
* Middle level : Portlet container, Workflow, JCR...
* Higher level : e-commerce, publishing...

How to query those services

The service stack can be reached through two channels : a portal and web
services.
Standard implementations

The eXo platform provides a CERTIFIED portlet container (JSR 168 - JCP
specifications) that can also be queried through web services (WSRP - OASIS
specifications).

Jim Cochrane

well I guess it just means that nobody reading the group had the time or
inclination to reply - after all there's no obligation for anyone to reply.

True. I suppose it would have been more accurate if I had concluded that
the number of people reading this group who are familiar with eXo is not
statistically high enough that one of them would respond to my query,
rather than that no one reading the group is familiar with it. :)
more constructively, have a google for eXo forums and mailing lists. There
are some areas of technology (postgresql being one example that affected me
very recently) where there is relatively little activity on usenet but a
very active set of mailing lists.

Good point and suggestion. I'll do that.

Thanks.

Roedy Green

Why should he ? Anyone who is in a position to contribute /anything/ towards
his query must, by definition, already know what eXo is.

Not necessarily. If I said, "does anyone know of a good replacement
for Publish Button", then refused to tell you that Publish Button is
an open source collaborative web content manager, I should expect
stunned silence.

People don't have to be familiar with Publish Button to answer my
question.

Bryce

now with more cowbell
Sounds like a musician's joke :)]

I think you know the joke.. For anyone else curious, its one of my
favorite all-time SNL skits...

The entire skit here:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/99/99pcowbell.phtml

Skit was a take off of VH1 Behind the Music, Blue Oyster Cult. They
are in the studio recording "Don't Fear the Reaper". Christopher
Walken plays Bruce Dickenson, who's producing the album.

Will Ferrell is the guy playing Cowbell. The rest of the band doesn't
like it, but Walken's character keeps saying: Gotta have more
cowbell...

At one point it gets pretty antagonistic, with the rest of the band
getting on Will Ferrell's character, and it goes:

Will Ferrell: Can I just say one thing? I'm standing here, staring at
Bruce Dickinson! And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should
probably give him more cowbell! And, Bobby, you are right - I am being
selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't HAVE a whole lot of
songs that feature the cowbell.

Bruce Dickinson: I gotta have more cowbell, baby!

Will Ferrell: I'll be doing myself a disservice, and everybody in this
band, if I don't perform the hell out of this.

Bruce Dickinson: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only
prescription... is more cowbell!

Andrew Thompson

Skit was a take off of VH1 Behind the Music, Blue Oyster Cult. They
are in the studio recording "Don't Fear the Reaper".

A clasic! I have both a MIDI
and ..another version of it.
Bruce Dickinson: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only
prescription... is more cowbell!

LOL

[ I never actually wondered if there was
a (deep and..) *meaning* to your sig.,
but have always liked it. ;-) ]

Bryce

A clasic! I have both a MIDI
and ..another version of it.

For my Birthday, I had my wife get me the best of Will Ferrell. This
is on it, as well as the Jepordey with Burt Reynolds, Sean Connery,
etc.
Bruce Dickinson: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only
prescription... is more cowbell!

LOL

[ I never actually wondered if there was
a (deep and..) *meaning* to your sig.,
but have always liked it. ;-) ]

Scott Ellsworth

Bryce said:
For my Birthday, I had my wife get me the best of Will Ferrell. This
is on it, as well as the Jepordey with Burt Reynolds, Sean Connery,
etc.

Which of the Jeopardy sketches are on it?

Scott

Bryce

Which of the Jeopardy sketches are on it?

This one:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/99/99cjeopardy.phtml

Celebrity Jeopardy
Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds
Jimmy Fallon as French Steward (strange guy on 3rd Rock)
Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery (Darrell Hammond does an excellent
Clinton).

Alex Trebek: This is the sound a doggy makes. [ Connery buzzes in ]
Mr. Connery.

Sean Connery: Moo. [ buzzer sounds ]

Alex Trebek: No.

Sean Connery: Well, that's the sound your mother made last night! [
laughs ]