    kj

    --
    NOTE: In my address everything before the period is backwards.

    kj, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Hello, kj!
    You wrote on Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:17:38 +0000 (UTC):

    Since all types been used in the webservice are defined in wsdl in types
    section, you can freely load and work with them in any language that
    supports wsdl and xml serialization.

    With best regards, Alex Shirshov.

    Alex Shirshov, Apr 13, 2004

  3. kj

    kj Guest

    In <c5h0b3$97d$> "Alex Shirshov" <> writes:

    >Hello, kj!
    >You wrote on Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:17:38 +0000 (UTC):

    >Since all types been used in the webservice are defined in wsdl in types
    >section, you can freely load and work with them in any language that
    >supports wsdl and xml serialization.

    Ah! I guess WSDL is the next acronym I have to learn about! Thanks!

    kj

    --
    NOTE: In my address everything before the period is backwards.

    kj, Apr 13, 2004
  4. >>>>> "kj" == kj <> writes:

    kj> I'm just learning about SOAP, and one of the claims about SOAP that I'm
    kj> having the hardest time understanding/believing is this business about
    kj> language independence. Please tell me if I got this right: suppose that
    kj> I have a SOAP server written Perl that returns Perl objects in response
    kj> to some method calls. Would a SOAP client written in Python or Java or
    kj> C++ be able to make any sense out of these Perl objects?

    I have done this with Java server and clients coded both with Java and Python,
    so: yes.

    --
    Arto V. Viitanen
    University of Tampere, Department of Computer Sciences

    Arto Viitanen, Apr 14, 2004
  5. kj

    GIMME Guest

    Some times SOAP servers to provide class representations
    of objects assuming that both the server and client side
    use the same language. (But as pointed out that does not
    have to be the case.)

    To see the big picture download the code at http://ws.apache.org/axis

    Lets you set up a SOAP server and then use a tool to create
    your WSDLs from Java class files.

    For Java applications it allows you to reuse classes on the
    client and server sides. Beats writing all the stuff by hand.

    GIMME, Apr 15, 2004